Best Long Range .30cal Hunting bullet

I am on the backorder list @ midway for both 215g Berger Hybrids and the 210g Nosler ALR's. At least they are taking backorders for these bullets. There are a lot of other components one can't even backorder.

"My rifle is nothing high tech just an old Model 1917 Enfield action that I'm putting a 28" Hart stainless barrel on with a 1:10 twist and a #4 contour, Leupold 6.5-20x scope, thumbhole stock, and a cock on open kit and Dayton TriStar trigger. My uncle and I are working on it right now and its mainly going to be used for deer, elk, and varmint/predator hunting out to 800-1000 yards but able to be carried into the mountains without having to wheel it around on a carriage haha."

Sorry to jump tracks, but I'd love to see your rifle. I have a 1917 Enfield. I have carried it into the mountains (without a carriage) and back. It's in good enough shape that I've not talked myself into doing anything to it, but I'd really like to see what others have done with theirs. If you'd be willing to post here or message me I'd appreciate it. Best of luck with the search for the ideal bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.