Best lightweight scope

Sounds like I'm going to go with the vx5 hd I looked threw one tonight pretty impressed with it.

You wont regret it. The only negative thing I can find on them is the scope body seems to show scuff marks very easy but they wipe away.

Had the Vortex razor LH on my rifle in 2016, switched to the Vx5 this past year. The Vx5's turret tracks better, has a zero stop and is locking. In my opinion it also has better glass clarity. Showing scratches is very real, but it's a hunting scope. I've got a couple Vortex PSTs that have never let me down, but in this matchup Leupold wins.

Last edited:
Sounds like I'm going to go with the vx5 hd I looked threw one tonight pretty impressed with it.

I saw eurooptics had the vx 6 HD 3-18 TMOA non illuminated on sale for 950. The vx 6 has the advantage of a 50 mm objective vs 44mm also 18 Power vs 15 and I really like the TMOA vs the wind plex when it comes follow up shots.
I really like my VX 5 but the added features above make a great scope even better.

If you really want light weight I would recommend the 3-10X42 BRH Z3. I have one over my 6.5 CM and It gets me out to 600m with no problem using just the reticle. It´s a mil based reticle very user friendly. I don't think you can go lighter than that @12.7oz.
It also performs great in low light and provides very sharp image @ long distances.

Last edited:
The vx6hd's are on sale for $400 off at big Supply if that interests you. I think they're the best hunting optic out there at 20 oz, 3-18 power, and an illuminating self leveling reticle. Also comes with lense covers.

Hi all! I recommend atn x-sight II hd 3-14x. This lightweight digital sight has a durable and shockproof plastic housing.

I really like my VX5HD 3-15 at 19.5 oz it is more than two steps higher in quality than a vx3i. In my experience.

Attachments

• 20180211_130828.jpg
    20180211_130828.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 230
I'm 60 and have looked through many brands of scopes over the years. If you can find a used Leupold 3-9 Compact buy it. Even if you have to send back to Leupold and have it rebuilt.
I have one on a Browning Compost Stalker in 7mm-08 and love it. I think I bought it back in the mid 80s. One of the nice things about it besides being compact/light weight is it has somewhat fine cross hairs but not to fine. In the past 8 years I have removed most of my Leupold VXR's (don't like the BDC recitals, to busy, (especially Vortex's) and replaced all of them with the Leupold VX-5HD 2-10 x 42 CDS-ZL2 Firedot. This has got to be one of the best Big Game scopes for the money ever! I also have a VX-5HD 3-15 x 44 CDS ZL2. It's ok with its smaller FOV@100 yrds because its on a 257Wby Mag for Prong Horn so not a lot of trees in the way, otherwise any scope I look at has got to have at least 38yds FOV@100yds, preferably 45yrds or better, also a very generous eye box. Leupold seems to excel at the eye box thing. I have one VX-6HD 1-6x24 on a BLR in 358 Winchester. I don't think the VX-6HD's are worth the big jump in price for what you get. If you want to shave ounces, use a Neoprene scope cover rather than flip up caps. If you know your cartridges path and the substension values of your crosshairs at all powers you don't need the weight of the turrets, zero locks or batteries. However I'd rather go the gym loose 5lbs and not give a hoot about the scope weight. Swarovski is a great scope but they run toward the heavier and longer side. Don't forget Steiner.