Best lightweight rear shooting bag

I use the CrossTac Ultralight shooting bag. It's weighs about 3.5 ounces and I don't even notice it even on backpack hunts. They have two different size bags - I have both the smaller and larger one - usually end up carrying the larger one.

I use the CrossTac Ultralight shooting bag. It's weighs about 3.5 ounces and I don't even notice it even on backpack hunts. They have two different size bags - I have both the smaller and larger one - usually end up carrying the larger one.

Good stuff. I have multiple bags from them.

I cut a piece...the size I need from the legs of old blue đź‘–. And fill it with Styrofoam beads and stitch it up good and tight. Darn near free, ultralight, and you can sew them anyway you want!
That's pretty much what I have done as well. Used poly beads and some thin canvas my father in law had laying around. 5x9x2 inches or so to position based on my terrain and needs.

I got an amazon cheapy bag after my Dog Gone Good bag busted. Pretty much a sewed together jeans pant leg. I'll be getting a upgraded bag soon. Jeans or socks work, but they aren't great as a squeeze rear bag. Just my opinion.

I carry a crosstac bag. It's light and clips on my pack. I have no idea it's there until I need it. I am sure there is "better" there always is but it works for me.
I bought one of the crosstac bags last year, it is light as a feather but have not had the opportunity to put it to the test on an animal as of yet.

I use a SAP lightweight rear bag. Mine has a swivel tether on it but you can get it with nothing if you want. It's like 5 Oz and I just stuff it in my day pack. It's like 7x4.5x3 inches so a guy can flip it in all directions to gain or lose height. Not like being on the bench but squeezes and works well.

For lightweight rear bags, please check out what we offer at LS Wild. My hunting buddy and me are still unknown in most circles, but we've made thousands of bags and pieces of gear that are out in the wild. We've started small and are kicking it up a notch this year. He has his sewing shop all set up and we have inventory. Our goal is to offer products that we think fill the niche and needs better than what is already out there.

Special LRH GUARANTEE!!! PM me to return any LS Wild product at any time for any reason for a full refund. Buy something to try out this hunting season, and return it in January if you don't want to keep it. We have a no questions asked warranty as well.

There is a 25% off sale until Sunday, July 16th.

Our 2.5 Ultralight bag weighs 2.5 ounces. It has a special and unique fill in it, a lightweight waterproof bead that doesn't compress or make that squeaky sound all the old style bags filled with polystyrene/foam bead do.

The Triple S Pillow weighs 7 ounces and is super versatile, Shooting, Sitting, and Sleeping... Whenever I go out, I always have this bag. I sit on it for glassing, sleep on it for napping, and use it as a rear bag or as support in alternative shooting positions, especially off my tripod. Rather than using a foam pad to sit on, the SSS is more comfortable and evens out the surface so my butt is flat. If you put it on a small rock, you won't feel it when you sit down. It has the same awesome fill as the 2.5 ultralight.

We have shooting bags for back country hunters that want a more sturdy, but light weight bag. There is a little bit more of a weight penalty, but the stability is increased over the ultralight bags that has the fill that compresses. These bags are waxed canvas and filled with Git-lite. The shape makes it very useful as a rear bag to get different elevations depending on how you turn it. As front support, guys run it off rocks, trees, and tossed on top of the tripod head, without the weight of a plate.

For lightweight rear bags, please check out what we offer at LS Wild. My hunting buddy and me are still unknown in most circles, but we've made thousands of bags and pieces of gear that are out in the wild. We've started small and are kicking it up a notch this year. He has his sewing shop all set up and we have inventory. Our goal is to offer products that we think fill the niche and needs better than what is already out there.

Special LRH GUARANTEE!!! PM me to return any LS Wild product at any time for any reason for a full refund. Buy something to try out this hunting season, and return it in January if you don't want to keep it. We have a no questions asked warranty as well.

There is a 25% off sale until Sunday, July 16th.

Our 2.5 Ultralight bag weighs 2.5 ounces. It has a special and unique fill in it, a lightweight waterproof bead that doesn't compress or make that squeaky sound all the old style bags filled with polystyrene/foam bead do.

The Triple S Pillow weighs 7 ounces and is super versatile, Shooting, Sitting, and Sleeping... Whenever I go out, I always have this bag. I sit on it for glassing, sleep on it for napping, and use it as a rear bag or as support in alternative shooting positions, especially off my tripod. Rather than using a foam pad to sit on, the SSS is more comfortable and evens out the surface so my butt is flat. If you put it on a small rock, you won't feel it when you sit down. It has the same awesome fill as the 2.5 ultralight.

We have shooting bags for back country hunters that want a more sturdy, but light weight bag. There is a little bit more of a weight penalty, but the stability is increased over the ultralight bags that has the fill that compresses. These bags are waxed canvas and filled with Git-lite. The shape makes it very useful as a rear bag to get different elevations depending on how you turn it. As front support, guys run it off rocks, trees, and tossed on top of the tripod head, without the weight of a plate.
What's the code to get 25% off?