Best Lead Free Bullet

We have a 120g class that is designed to run in the 10" twist. The way we have designed our bullets we have kept the nose a bit heavier in favor of forgiveness and accuracy. This bullet will have an SG = 1.44 at sea level in a ten twist barrel. We have not fully run this bullet out so I will not make a bc claim other than an estimate. A .235G7 will get you on target and you can adjust from there. Thanks BnG for the good word on our bullets. So far in all the different rifles that we have tested in, (sub $300 Ruger American to full custom) we have never had to adjust seating depth to get acceptable accuracy. We have either loaded just off the lands or mag length. They have all given moa or better out to long range.

On another note, we met with Bryan Litz at the shot show, (great guy) and he will be testing our permanent line of bullets for us. This is great news. We just want to make great bullets and not get into bc arguments.

Steve

Thanks. Do you know an estimated fps and cost? Barrel is 24 inches. I don't know what .235 g7 means unless I put it into a ballistics calc. Also do you have plans to make other weights such as 130 or 140?

Thanks. Do you know an estimated fps and cost? Barrel is 24 inches. I don't know what .235 g7 means unless I put it into a ballistics calc. Also do you have plans to make other weights such as 130 or 140?

Would guess your vel to be about 3200fps. .235 g7 would be about .5 g1. The 130 to 140 class bullet would have to be almost a round nose to still stabilize in a 10 twist. We will have our price list complete in the next week. At this point we are mostly concentrating on good bc bullets that will stabilize in factory twist barrels. We always calculate twist at sea level. That way folks will not have bc degrading because of lack of stability. You can have a marginally stable bullet that shoots very accurately, but the bc degrades and you would be better off shooting the higher vel lower bc bullet, that is lighter, that does not degrade bc due to low stability. I should ad that copper has a lower density than lead. So an all copper bullet of the exact same size as a lead core bullet will be lighter. So there are not many ways to make a bullet heavier other than making it longer. Longer does not always mean better bc either. A longer bearing surface will add drag. A longer more aggressive nose can ad bc but it will become more finicky to load for, and possibly not shoot well for some rifles.

Steve

RockyMtnMt, what weight would you recommend for a 9.25 or 9.5 twist 7mm Rem Mag? Great work, keep it up!:Dgun)

The only other .270 that we have designed is a 150 that we are sending to Kirby to mess with. I believe that one was designed for 8'' twist. (Don't have notes in front of me) I would guess that our design for a 9.5'' twist would be about 130g, assuming a low drag type design.

Steve

The only other .270 that we have designed is a 150 that we are sending to Kirby to mess with. I believe that one was designed for 8'' twist. (Don't have notes in front of me) I would guess that our design for a 9.5'' twist would be about 130g, assuming a low drag type design.

Steve

That's great for .270 weights, and good to know they're being put to the limits:D but I was actually asking about .284/7mm projectiles, sorry for not making that clear as most of the discussion has revolved around the .270 cals. Thank you for the help and information, if anybody can wring em out you have probably the two best guys to do it in Kirby and Bryan!!

That's great for .270 weights, and good to know they're being put to the limits:D but I was actually asking about .284/7mm projectiles, sorry for not making that clear as most of the discussion has revolved around the .270 cals. Thank you for the help and information, if anybody can wring em out you have probably the two best guys to do it in Kirby and Bryan!!

Sorry about that, you did say 7mm. We have a 140g and 155g that will run in the standard twist 7's. The 155g may be on the edge depending on your elevation.

Steve

gun) I prefer Barnes , I tried them all. The Berger bullets are Lead -core? I use the 130 grain ttsx with my .270 win. improve and get very good results.
I stand corrected I have tried cutting edge or hammer tech. bullets. I tried Nosler , Hornady and Barnes .
The Barnes bullets in all calibers I used,:) showed the best results. The cutting edge video looks like they would be good copper bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.