Best laser range finder good to 1000 yards on game

jimm:

Good for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
001_grinning-smiley-003.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sure you'll love it. They are super optics as well as being a super rangefinder. I wouldn't part with mine and if I lost it for some reason I'd order another unit immediately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Enjoy and use it a lot. Let us know what you think of it when you have some time using it.

Great choice. I promise you will not regret it.

Unless, of course, your wife finds out!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thread resurrection... :)

just to make the point... the Swarovski is still pretty much on top, near 8 years after it's supposed to have been changed up and such...

You guys that bought this model back in 2005, do you still have it? Is it still working well?

Dan

thread resurrection... :)

just to make the point... the Swarovski is still pretty much on top, near 8 years after it's supposed to have been changed up and such...

You guys that bought this model back in 2005, do you still have it? Is it still working well?

Dan

Not on top in my book Dan. I have owned 5 of the laser guide 8x30's. Don't own one today. The beam divergence was simply to large for me and the reticle way to large and hard to see at times. the big beam and inaccurate ranges were more than I could deal with. I will take a less expensive Leica 1600 CRF any day to the Swaro for a RF is the under $1000 club.

Jeff

Thanks Broz.

I have seen those Leica 1600's range our 1 mile plate on the first try on two different occasions. They're great units, for sure. Probably my next rangefinder, for sure. It's about 100 dollars less than the Swaro...

The lower end Newcon looks like a version of an old Bushnell 1000.

I recently moved to a Leica 1600 CRF with no regrets, the optics are clear and crisp and it has ranged brush and small animals to 1700 yds in open range land.

I got a reading of over 2000 yds on a rusting barn with no problems. Lighting, haze and dust do effect it like everything else.

I am pleased with my purchase. I see guys squandering thousands more on something to range thousands of yards farther than anyone has ever shot a shoulder fired weapon. Not sure why.

What is the best bang for the buck range finder that will laz on game to 1000 yards. I mean 1000 on game, not a "reflective surface"

Thanks,

John

Just ordered a Leica CRF 1600-B from Cameraland for $799.
Should be here tomorrow, I'll post some info as soon as I can once I take it for a spin or two.
I went with the Leica because I dig their binoculars, didnt want to spend a grand for the Swaro's and felt that the 1600 would be more than enough to consistently perform at 1,000-1,200 yds. The CRF 1200 would probably work in most situations and definitely under ideal conditions, but I said fuggit and went with the 1600-B (which is supposedly good to 1,600+ yds).

The lower end Newcon looks like a version of an old Bushnell 1000.

I recently moved to a Leica 1600 CRF with no regrets, the optics are clear and crisp and it has ranged brush and small animals to 1700 yds in open range land.

I got a reading of over 2000 yds on a rusting barn with no problems. Lighting, haze and dust do effect it like everything else.

I am pleased with my purchase. I see guys squandering thousands more on something to range thousands of yards farther than anyone has ever shot a shoulder fired weapon. Not sure why.

So we can call indirect fire in!! :D

I too owned the Swaro. It was good but the previous faults mentioned was why I sold it after comparing it SxS with the Leica 1600. Ran it for a year and loved it. Sold it when I did a SxS comparison with the Leica 1600-B which gives a firing solution to 880 yds. Just sold it to a young man who is getting into the LRH arena up in Oregon. I didn't sell it until I did a SxS comparison with the Gunwerks G7 BR2. Wow! What a LRF. Competed with it last weekend up at the Challenge at Altitude shoot in the West end of the Uinta mtns. Was giving me spot on (compared to my Shooter app) firing solutions to 1149 yards; 1400 yards is the max for a firing solutions though I've easily gotten over 2k laser hits. Love the feature that allows you to select near or far; ignores near laser reflections to get to the far target or vice versa. If I need a firing solution over 1400, I can still pull the range, incline, temp and baro/DA off of it to input into my Shooter ballistic app.

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.