Permafrost assembled in Montana. Nice guys and about half the cost of Yeti. Not sure if they have 150qt

I have Lifetime coolers. Walmart. A friends dad did comparison with Yeti. Lifetime kept ice and temp longer. Dont think they have a 150 though....

I just checked and neither have a 150qt. Thanks for the recommendations though.

Check out Bison Coolers, I have a small one that I've been impressed with and they are made in America. I will say I didn't really buy into the new coolers until I had one. Spending the money is hard, but they sure work good!

I have the Igloo MaxCold Contour 165qt cooler. It's right around $100 direct from Igloo. They are available a
couple times a year at Costco for $85 ish. I use mine for Antelope hunting in Wyoming in August. Outside temp in the 80's / 90's and it keeps ice for several days. Last trip I think I spent $10 on ice over the course of a week. At the end of the trip I empty the food and pack it full of frozen Antelope. No ice needed for the trip home.

Did not know that yeti had an anti-gun stance.
Glad I only own one and will not buy another.

I'm not going terribly deep into this because it's a rabbit hole, and I love my rtic anyway. However, I urge you to look up what actually went down in that hole situation instead of just reading user comments to gain that kind of info. Yeti has flat out denied that they are anti 2a and said all they did was cut a discount program to the NRA(like many other companies they had previously discounted/donated to) and they had already told the NRA about this before it was going to happen. No matter if you buy this or that from whomever, you should at least look up what each party claims.

Most of what you read on the internet especially comments from people is littered with untruths and claims they have no proof of, because they also just read it from some guy on another site.

Back to the point
If I was going to buy a soft cooler I would buy a yeti, specifically for their Zipper quality. If I was going to buy a hard cooler I would buy a cheaper competitors Rotomolded cooler. And I have done exactly that. I love my rtic cooler, and my yeti backpack works well also.

12 day elk hunt to Colorado from Missouri. We took a few different coolers but my Cabelas cooler still had about 5 lbs of a 20 lb bag of ice left when we got back. Outside temps were between a low of 20 and a high of 80 for the trip. Most days of the hunt at 9000 ft were between 30 and 65. The cooler stayed in the pickup bed the entire trip.

Who would by a Yeti ?? I can't lift them empty, can't imagine when they are loaded.
Over Rated !!!

I'm in the market for a new, large cooler. Ideally looking for at least a 150 quart size.

What is the best value cooler out there nowadays? It would need to retain ice for a least 5 days.

I know Yeti has a strong following, but there's no way that $680+ is value for a cooler (at least in my eyes).

Any opinions? RTIC, Coleman, Igloo, Orca, others?

Who would by a Yeti ?? I can't lift them empty, can't imagine when they are loaded.
Over Rated !!!

All the rotomold coolers are heavier than the coolers we were used to. When full of ice and food/drink the larger models need two people to handle them. In spite of the weight I am very happy with both of mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.