I have both Yeti and RTIC coolers and for the price you cannot beat the RTIC.
I bought my Yeti's well before their announced "anti-gun" position, hence why I went RTIC.
The distributer was my neighbor, nice guy though, he didn't agree with their philosophy and ultimately left the company.

Last edited:
087EDD03-03C5-4E7F-9866-3E20C5C8E2A1.jpeg
KONG. Kong's largest is 110 I believe but I have 2. There great latching system and handles beats all the rest. I did my own ice challenges against most listed above and hands down KONG won.

RTIC or Orca - use the RTICs regular every year, couple of Orcas in the boat as well. Really couldn't tell between the two, without seeing the brand label.

I'm in the market for a new, large cooler. Ideally looking for at least a 150 quart size.

What is the best value cooler out there nowadays? It would need to retain ice for a least 5 days.

I know Yeti has a strong following, but there's no way that $680+ is value for a cooler (at least in my eyes).

Any opinions? RTIC, Coleman, Igloo, Orca, others?
Yeti as a company has an anti-gun position.

I'm in the market for a new, large cooler. Ideally looking for at least a 150 quart size.

What is the best value cooler out there nowadays? It would need to retain ice for a least 5 days.

I know Yeti has a strong following, but there's no way that $680+ is value for a cooler (at least in my eyes).

"Not" what you're asking but have you considered a small chest freezer? For <$200, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Idylis-7-1-cu-ft-Manual-Chest-Freezer-White/1000196499

Canyon Cooler
I guess I am the only one that uses them. Our local Co-Op has them at a great discount and I can wet age a whole deer in the 125qt.

Check out the 150 quart Igloo at Sam's Club for <$70.00. It's rated for 5 days. I've got one I use in my 5th wheel and it doubles as a coffee table with cup holders. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.