Best known BC for 180 grain 30 cal hunting bullet

Thank you. Honestly I completely forgot about this tread. I ended up shooting Norma bondstrike bullets and I'm rather happy with them. On the other hand, Hornady Eld-x bullets, at least in 6.5 mm variety, did not hold up too well even at creedmoor speeds when I was unexpectedly presented with a 70 yds shot. So I guess BC is not everything…

I ran some tests with my granddaughter's 6.5 CM…..my findings were the same as yours with the ELD-X! Color me…….not impressed! memtb

Part of picking a bullet is matching what it wants to do with what you want done.

This forum often has a bit of a fork in the road being an LR forum so high bc soft projectiles are often talked about with lots of tribalism between that and the tough bonded crowd.

I quite like bullets that "come apart" but I understand that's not for everyone

I would imagine the berger elite hunter with a .295 g7 is pretty high on the list of top bc 180gr 30s

I have three different loads for the 300WBY.
180 grn Nosler AB or BT with IMR4350
200 grn Nosler AB or PT with RL22
180 grn Barnes TSX with IMR 7828
Killed many animals with the first two, have not hunted with the last one yet, but gives me the smallest group
I'm shooting 180g Barnes with my wby and it's very accurate out to 650. Clovers at 100. Took my first elk with it a few weeks ago.

I am trying to find the most aerodynamic 30 cal 180 grain bullet for hunting. I want to shoot it from a 300 wby and take advantage of the case capacity. Or would you think a 200 grain bullet with a higher BC compensate for the disproportionate decrease in muzzle velocity? Please also share your loads and velocities for discussion sake.
thank you, Ferenc
In a cartridge of this capacity GO HEAVY!!! 200 grains and up all day man!

In a cartridge of this capacity GO HEAVY!!! 200 grains and up all day man!
Oh and if you're wanting a bonded type "hunting" bullet and are opposed to match or fragmenting types YOU WILL NOT BEAT THE FEDERAL EDGE TLR/TERMINAL ASCENT bullets. They're hard to find tho, as components. But the 200 grain terminal ascent out of a 300 weatherby would be dang hard to beat as an all range all game all over North America combination.

I see the benefit of 200 grain bullets, but when fired from a rather lightweight riffle it is hard to shoot them well. I know, I should improve my shooting technique, and I am trying, but that level of recoil definitely shows on my targets...

I see the benefit of 200 grain bullets, but when fired from a rather lightweight riffle it is hard to shoot them well. I know, I should improve my shooting technique, and I am trying, but that level of recoil definitely shows on my targets...
Hey at least you can admit it!

I've never honestly been able to tell much difference between bullets between 180 and 225 grains in .300 win mag, 165 and under do seem to punch my shoulder noticeably less…they also haven't shot worth a hoot out of either of my .300 win mags I've owned, they do the best shooting with 180 and up and have never produced 1 ragged hole accuracy with anything lighter than 208 grains.