Best hunting scope

Zeiss or Swarovski. Both make excellent scopes.
Hell yeah they do! Also Steiner Makes fantastic optics & so does Huskemaw. I'm a big fan of Shepherd scopes for what they bring to the table & for their cost. Lots of quality bang for your buck in them. For a " Hunting scope " on a " carry rifle " for ppl that may be in a hunting area where quick point & shoot shots on moving deer, pigs, coyotes with THEE BEST low end FOV by far & the higher magnification capability with that, GPO Spectra series or their Passion series take #1 choice with me.

😉

Absolutely!

I thought the Amplus was a serious contender for my next scope. I just could not come to grips with their limited reticles. I don't really like the Christmas tree reticle and the only other option seems to be a duplex style.

I am looking to get a new scope I want it as light as possible. But want to dial out to 1000 yards. Just looking for your input and knowledge. Cost is not an issue thanks
I just bought a Leupold VX 3hd 4.5x14 on a tikka 22-250. I bought it for light weight (13 ozs. ) Just a little 1 in scope but I bought it for hunting and carry. I havent set it up yet but looking forward to it. Nothing fancy but I liked the looks of it. Wont break the bank, I think $699.00, and is a leupold, Which I like. I dont know about enough revolutions for 1000. It has 1 rev on dial. But various reticles.

Tangent theta 3x15 or 5x25 (heavier option). (4-5k$)
Zero compromise 4x20 or 5x27 (3.4-4.5k$)
S&b pmii 3x27 or 5x25 3.5-7k$)
Hensoldt zf 3.5x26 (6k$)
These are the best of the best scopes period and you will find people that believe each one of these is the best scope you can buy period

I haven't used tangent theta or hensoldt much but I have the other two and they are by far better than anything else so good it's hard for me to pick one over the other.

Nightforce atacr, Ziess lrp s5 & Steiner m7xi are also great options in the 3k price range at 1000 yards or less idk that you would notice a huge difference between the more expensive options as they stand out more for people shooting out past 2k yards plenty of guys still using all these options shooting KO2M

Leupold mark 5 is best 2k$ range scope IMO

That could be a problem for me. I have had issues with turrets moving going in and out of a scabbard on a horse
I just bought a Leupold VX 3hd 4.5x14 on a tikka 22-250. I bought it for light weight (13 ozs. ) Just a little 1 in scope but I bought it for hunting and carry. I havent set it up yet but looking forward to it. Nothing fancy but I liked the looks of it. Wont break the bank, I think $699.00, and is a leupold, Which I like. I dont know about enough revolutions for 1000. It has 1 rev on dial. But various reticles.
I have used VX-3 in the past and they worked great 14 ounces is awesome

Cost isn't a issue —TT315 hunter l—I love mine close to 4K…I think that is a issue for anyone.

MOA for a good price—-Maven RS1 with a turret…$1200 lots of scope for the money. Or the Maven RS3–turret leaves a little to be desired—but for $1600 a solid choice.

Budget minded choice Bushnell LRHS2 a bit under 1,000 Solid choice—I'm still running a original one from 2014–still working great.

Since you asked about the best lighter weight hunting scope that would dial out to 1000 yards. It would also need to be best in low light and where optical contrast makes a huge difference.

The Swarovski Z8i in the 2.3x18x56 with a BFT turrets and a 4W-I reticle is the best I have used so far. This scope set on 25 MOA base and rings will allow for dialing out to 1000 as long as the caliber ballistics are in that 3000+ fps range and bullets with a BC close to 500 or better are used.

This is the best I have seen so far for what you are looking to do with it. I have hunted with most of the previously mentioned suggestions as well. For what it's worth I have 5 of these on different hunting rifles and they perform flawlessly.
The swaro z8 has been mentioned twice there a comment on the swaro x5i 3x18-50 with 30 mm tube. I think it is a sfp, in moa. Just under 3000?

Cost isn't a issue —TT315 hunter l—I love mine close to 4K…I think that is a issue for anyone.

MOA for a good price—-Maven RS1 with a turret…$1200 lots of scope for the money. Or the Maven RS3–turret leaves a little to be desired—but for $1600 a solid choice.

Budget minded choice Bushnell LRHS2 a bit under 1,000 Solid choice—I'm still running a original one from 2014–still working great.
Where does one find an LRHS2 these days? Is it exclusive to GA Precision?

Tangent theta 3x15 or 5x25 (heavier option). (4-5k$)
Zero compromise 4x20 or 5x27 (3.4-4.5k$)
S&b pmii 3x27 or 5x25 3.5-7k$)
Hensoldt zf 3.5x26 (6k$)
These are the best of the best scopes period and you will find people that believe each one of these is the best scope you can buy period

I haven't used tangent theta or hensoldt much but I have the other two and they are by far better than anything else so good it's hard for me to pick one over the other.

Nightforce atacr, Ziess lrp s5 & Steiner m7xi are also great options in the 3k price range at 1000 yards or less idk that you would notice a huge difference between the more expensive options as they stand out more for people shooting out past 2k yards plenty of guys still using all these options shooting KO2M

Leupold mark 5 is best 2k$ range scope IMO
Thanks, I think I want a little more power than 15. I am leaning toward a NF NX8 4-32 or maybe a March 3-24

Thanks, I think I want a little more power than 15. I am leaning toward a NF NX8 4-32 or maybe a March 3-24
The 3-24 March is pretty legit. I've been using one and going to put on my 6.5 PRC. It's definitely has a better FFP hunting reticle than the NX8, but it is a little thick for precision shooting IMO.

The 3-24 March is pretty legit. I've been using one and going to put on my 6.5 PRC. It's definitely has a better FFP hunting reticle than the NX8, but it is a little thick for precision shooting IMO.
The only thing I worry about is the uncovered windage knob. My zeiss v6 moved on me and it cost me a pretty nice bull a couple of years ago. It makes me nervous