Best hunting crossbow?

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting (Not PSE)' started by jimss, Jan 21, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Kmccord

Kmccord Well-Known Member

The old saying buy once cry once is correct, if anything, don't settle save up and get one you will like. In 2013, when I purchased my xbow, the Top Speed on any was 400fps, now they are pushing 465, of course read the fine print, in 2013 it was with a 400gr arrow, today I see the speed is up, but also see the arrow is now at 370gr to reach that speed. If i was going to purchase one today, I would look at the Scorpyd or Ravin, I would like to hold it first of possible, the reverse limb xbows seem to balance a lot better than the traditional, also weight, think about the weight you are going to lug around. Good luck on your purchase.

2. 445 supermag

445 supermag Well-Known Member

Scorpyd nemesis 480 fps with 370 gr arrow. I would up arrow to 425 gr minimum and have about a 450 fps bow. That's crazy impressive. I love my scorpyd so much I am leaning that way for my 3rd crossbow. Scorpyd Nemesis with 180 lb limbs. Smoking fast with top accuracy. Love it.

3. WGTX

WGTX New Member LRH Team Member

I started with a Killer Instinct 370 FRT several years ago,nice setup for the money.Bought a R20 last year, absolutely love it, 4 deer last year and 2 so far this year.

Buck Buster likes this.
  4. 338LAPUA

338LAPUA Active Member

I have Excalibur’s 405. I’ve been very happy with it. I really like how user serviceable they are.

5. Buck Buster

Buck Buster Well-Known Member

I have had a Killer Instinct for 4 seasons, mine was the 365 and isn't made anymore, but it has a lifetime warranty and I believe it shoots as well as any, even the Ten Points ! But they only cost a fraction of what a Ten Point costs, and the Ten Points limbs are only warranted for 5 years anymore ! I have killed several deer with it ! And they have all been pass throughs ! I use a 125 grain 3 bladed Muzzy broadhead !

6. Riflehunter1776

Riflehunter1776 Well-Known Member

#3.
    very accurate, quiet, and compact. good in a treestand.

7. dreamhunt

dreamhunt Well-Known Member

Scorpyd Ventilator or Orion 160, even though I have a Vent 135. If was able to cock it, I'd have a Vent 160 Extreme.