BEST GROUPS

Fifty: Whew…. I am beat. Is it my eyes or does the 338 khan's bullet tip
in the bottom image have a slant to it? I was reading about you cutting the meplat's yourself and this one still appears off.

W,

The bullets used to make that group were the Wildcat 350 gr ULD RBBT Hunting bullets, not the match bullets. As such they have a larger meplat for expansion.

Yes they do have some nose variation as with all open tipped bullets and would benefit from uniforming the nose to some degree but to be honest, they shoot pretty darn well as they come. There nose length variation is roughly the same as the Sierra Mk if not a bit more consistant.

Again, these are Big Game Hunting Bullets, the Match versions have a tighter more consistant Meplat in comparision.

I do not uniform bullet noses, I should but don;t know if I am good enough to tell the differnce down range. With the groups the Wildcats are getting me without doing this I find it hard to take the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I have not built a 260 on the AR-10 platform but talked to Randy Luth at DPMS about the project. I have built several ar-15's that would shoot sub 1.5" at 300 yards, but I don't believe I have ever built one that would compare with my best bolt guns. The ar's are fun to shoot at distance. We shot some video of me shooting a 10" disk at 500 yards, you can here 2 hits on the plate after I fire the last shot. Never could get 3 hits after, but always 2.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.