BEST GROUPS

Shawn,

Off topic, but do you know Erin Loper? Might have bumped into her at the Lightning Bar near you. Got to know a few people from your area on a job here in Nome this year.

Brent,
The name is not ringing any bells. You might run into my brother in law sometime. Brent Richardson he guides for sheep and bears in AK every year for 3 or 4 weeks. I have a friend who goes up and hunts with the 2 brothers that own the hardware store in Nome.
Shawn

my 1K BR 6.5-284 with 142SMK's...

500M competition in Shippensburg PA

Ship_win_nov62004.jpg

1000yd BR at williamsport--3rd smallest group of the year in light gun at W-port--would have been a new score record if that 9 was cutting the 10-ring:(

5inchtarget.jpg

223 VS 50gn vmax, LC brass, 27gn. BM--1st three shots on a cold CLEAN BORE--shot them to foul the rifle before shooting a BRcentral postal target at 100yds

--i measured it at 0.050"

102547.JPG

tis all i have on "film"

JB

983 yards.
3_hits_6b.jpg

Rem 700 chambered in .300 WM utilzing the Berger 210's Vel=2888 Scope is the Night Force NXS 3.5 - 15 x 50
my_rem_b.jpg

This first group is my personal best 200 yard three shot group. It is one of my Extreme V-Block rifles chambered in 22-6mm AI loaded with the 80 gr Berger at 3575 fps. The rifle weights in at 16 lbs and has a 30", 1.250" straight cylinder Lilja barrel.

256969.jpg

This is my personal best 500 yard three shot group. Fired with one of my Extreme Sporters chambered in the 270 Allen Magnum with a 30" #6 contour barrel. Rifle weight is right at 9.5 lbs. This was a fireforming load if you can imagine!! Velocity was only a tick over 3000 fps with the 169.5 gr Wildcat ULD. Full tilt loads averge 3400 fps with groups running in the 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" range at 500 yards.

253475.jpg

Don't have to many groups at extreme range but this is a 1760 yard group using my 338 Kahn. The load uses the 300 gr Wildcat ULD "Hunting" bullet loaded to 3050 fps in the 34.5" barrel. THis is a very mild load but it shoot so well its hard to change.

I think the up drafts got to me on this group or it may have been something real special. Still its well under 1 moa at a mile so not to bad.

The rifle is 26 lbs with a 34.5" 1.350" straight cylinder Lilja barrels build into my Extreme V-Block design.

262089.jpg

A bit closer in range, this is the Kahn with the 350 gr Wildcat ULD at 100 yards. Not long range and not a BR winning group but for three shots at 100 yards with a bullet that is 1.9" long, not to bad.

259031.jpg

More to come soon!

Good SHooting,

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby... if you keep showing off like that you are going to get too busy to shoot... you will be building too many guns to have any range time!!!! good shooting Kirby...
Brien

Hey Shawn, Glen Seekins here in Lewiston ID.

You probably don't remember, but I talked to you about doing my own gunsmithing before you moved. You recommended a 6BR for my first one....so far my best 5 shot 100yd group is .080 and 200 yd is .186 The consistent accuracy of this little pill blows my mind

Glen

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Shawn, Glen Seekins here in Lewiston ID.

You probably don't remember, but I talked to you about doing my own gunsmithing before you moved. You recommended a 6BR for my first one....so far my best 5 shot 100yd group is .080 and 200 yd is .186 The consistent accuracy of this little pill blows my mind

Glen

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to have that effect often /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif click the link in mysig line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Glen,
Good to here from you. Hope all is well.
Here is a practice group I shot yesterday. I shoot large groups to practice shooting in a cross wind. The wind was gusty from 2-6 mph. I shot this 200 yard group with my .260 holding right, left, & center of the bull. As always there is room for improvement in wind doping, but not to bad for a 20 round group.
GROUP1.JPG

I would like see that done with the AR-10 in this ctg. is that possible to build one that is that accurate? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.