Best glass for 500 yards

Sean H

Fellas,
Just recently picked up a 10th anniversary Remington 700 5r milspec .308 and am looking to put some good glass on it. Not trying to spend $2500 but want some very good and clear glass to put me on target. Honestly long ranges are hard to find around me but would like something that i can push out to 500 yards with ease.

I just picked up a Athlon midas tac 6-24×50. It's got really nice HD glass, turret stop, great repeatability on the turrets, all for around 600 buck. They have really good warranty service too, from what I understand. I got the MIL recticle , but they also offer it in an MOA recticle.

I just picked up a Athlon midas tac 6-24×50. It's got really nice HD glass, turret stop, great repeatability on the turrets, all for around 600 buck. They have really good warranty service too, from what I understand. I got the MIL recticle , but they also offer it in an MOA recticle.
How is the clarity and light transmission when your zoomed all the way out?

The Midas Tac has excellent clarity through the whole adjustment range. It's no night force, or any other 2k scope for that matter, but its clearer than the VXIIIs, Nikon Monarchs, and Sightron SIIs I've owned. The tracking and zero holding ability is as good as the big buck scopes though, IMO. I took a chance on a fairly new company because the reviews are great and I didnt have the funds for the top end stuff and was very pleasantly surprised.

nightforce 12-42..1/2 of the $2500
option to try for small groups at 500
and all the stuff the lesser scopes claim

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.