Best Front Rest Under $200?

I use a Harris bi-pod, the 6-9 inch bench rest model, and at least for me, it works as good in the field as what it does on the bench.
Is this the bipod you used to kill a doe or coyote ( you couldn't tell which) at 1840 yes with a 22lr and a peep sight? Asking for everyone that read that horse crap.

Well, I went (for the bench) with the Lyman Bag Jack, with both Lyman Match front and rear Crosshair bags. One trip to the range proved I needed elevation under the rear. Two carpet covered 2x4s did the trick.

I am beginning the selection process for a bipod.

Thanks for all of the input!

Hello,
I am learning the ins and outs of a Savage LR Hunter in 7mm Rem Mag and working on load development. I have finally solved my head position behind the scope and its poor mounting issues. I have found that the most consistent shooting position off the bench is with a nearly upright spine. As such, that requires quite a few sand bags at the front and rear. Adjusting after each shot is time consuming and frustrating.

I would like to purchase a front rest that will be smoothly adjustable and won't fall apart when I go back to my 375. Should I just skip to a bipod or is there another solution.
I would like to keep the purchase price below $200.

Thanks in advance,
Konrad
I made my own out of a 6x8 timber which is grooved to settle the barrels in snugly and can be turned on three sides for height adjustability. If weight is an issue just hollow it out with a paddle bit from the bottom and cover it with 1/4" ply wood or something similar.

The way it's grooved there's aways room for a sand bag on each side help keep it down. I make them from old lead shot reloading bags.

Total time about an hour, total cost under`10.00 and literally solid and reliable as a rock.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.