Best Factory Varmint Rifle out of the box

superlite17

As an adder to my question about the 700 SPS Varmint post, I thought I might also ask you guys(and gals) a more broad question. What is the most accurate factory varmint rifle?... On a budget /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PLEASE do not limit discussion to the poll, the poll is just what considered so far

Keep in mind that the Sendero is a big game rifle, and chambered in magnum cartridges... not too good for "varmints"

I was surprised that you did not list the Rem 700 Varmint Specials (in several versions). They are very common, and shoot well. The VS-SF-II varmint is identical the the Sendero, but in varmint calibers.

I have NEVER heard a bad word about the CZ rifles - they are extremely accurate, and reasonably priced.

I think i love them all, don't own a cz almost bought one. But My most accurate out of box is my cooper 22ppc, single shot. Guaranteed to shoot half inch at 100 yards (three shot group).

[ QUOTE ]
the 12 FV is the most budget-est /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif rifle on that list, and one of the most accurate.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - I'm happy with mine so far.
It's what, about $100 less than the SS version?

My friend and I bought the Ruger mark 2 target rifles when they first came out. Mine was in 22-250 his was in 220 swift. Both were legitimate 1/4 inch guns. I shot crows coyotes and porcipines past 400 yards with mine. The 22-250 shot 55gr B-tips and V-max into tiny little groups, it also liked 52 gr bthp. After the 150 round mark my rugers barrel cleaned up super easy, copper fouling was minimal. I would probably say it was one of the best factory barrels I've ever owned.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.