Best factory Rifle???

I'll join the many others and cast a vote for a Tikka T3, fantastic rifle for the money.

However, if it were me in your shoes I'd rather put that $1000 budget into an action job on her Remington and a new barrel, could probably even fit a new trigger into that $1000 as well.

Tikka fits that bill. I have a sako Finn ear and my kid has a tikka in 7mm08. It is great shooter and fit and finish is on par with sako. Not as pretty but wonderful rifle.

You guys realize this is a thread from 2008... I would hope he had found a rifle for his daughter by now, heck he probably has been made a Grandad by now, maybe he needs to look at it for his Grandchild.. 😁
That begs the question ... what did he ultimately decide to do after all the feedback he received?

You guys realize this is a thread from 2008... I would hope he had found a rifle for his daughter by now, heck he probably has been made a Grandad by now, maybe he needs to look at it for his Grandchild.. 😁
Yeah, but did the answers change over the years? Speaks highly of a mfgr that can stay at the top for a decade...

Back then I was really wanting an A-Bolt II in 7mm WSM, I still have that rifle and 2 more just like it, only in different calibers. But since then I've bought an A7 Techomate and that was a fantastic rifle, too bad the ex-wife took it.

Thisis a VERY tough question. The top European makers like SAKO, STEYR, Mauser, Blazer, etc.
Then the top American makers' top models from Weatherby, Browning, Winchester, Barrett, Ruger, Henry come to mind.
Ex. I chose the top Browning X-Bolt Pro with things like all stainless steel receiver and barrel, carbon fiber stock, fluting everywhere possible, bronze Cerakote on metal and stock, factory lapped barrel, etc.
But for another $1,000. I coulda had a SAKO Carbon Lite. It just didn't have the trigger Iiked but had a great action. I couldn't justify the price for the value*.

* PRICE-> what you pay
VALUE-> what you get

Eric B.

Budget is $1,000 (rifle only), what is the best factory rifle available? Long rang capable (600yds), Weigh in around 7.5#, short action caliber re 7mm-08. Mild recoil, my daughter will shoot it. Whitetail deer primary game. I'm in Texas so I can stretch the shots out. ACCURACY is paramount. Anybody tried my top choices: Sako A-7, TC Icon, Browning X-Bolt, I love Remington but their accuracy has fallen off except on their premium tactical rifles.

I'm spoiled as I shoot the LSR rifle below in 7WSM. It is great once I get to my blind but is a little heavy. The tan rifle is my daughters .243. It's a 700ADL bedded in an H&S stock with a trigger job. The thing shoots 1.5-2.0 inches at 100yds, definately not accurate. I could rebarrell but... and I can't afford another full blown custom. Thanks for your suggestions.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/buzzsawbucket/DSCN0036.jpg[/IMG]
URL]

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

DSC02354.jpg

Budget is $1,000 (rifle only), what is the best factory rifle available? Long rang capable (600yds), Weigh in around 7.5#, short action caliber re 7mm-08. Mild recoil, my daughter will shoot it. Whitetail deer primary game. I'm in Texas so I can stretch the shots out. ACCURACY is paramount. Anybody tried my top choices: Sako A-7, TC Icon, Browning X-Bolt, I love Remington but their accuracy has fallen off except on their premium tactical rifles.

I'm spoiled as I shoot the LSR rifle below in 7WSM. It is great once I get to my blind but is a little heavy. The tan rifle is my daughters .243. It's a 700ADL bedded in an H&S stock with a trigger job. The thing shoots 1.5-2.0 inches at 100yds, definately not accurate. I could rebarrell but... and I can't afford another full blown custom. Thanks for your suggestions.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/buzzsawbucket/DSCN0036.jpg[/IMG]
URL]

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

DSC02354.jpg
I'd look at Remington, especially a used rifle. You can get one for around $350.00 and then work on replacing the trigger with a Timney, and a good scope. The 243 might just need to be professionally cleaned and the action screws torqued to specs. Also, you might try using Sierra or Speer bullets, which I have found to be quite accurate. Try different powders as you can get them.

This awesome, thread from 08' and I'd still pick a sako a7 or tikka as best budget but a7 are no longer made, but there's lots of lightly used rifles available

The new CNC machined rifles are incredibly accurate due to the close tolerances to which they're machined. The Ruger American is an example of that.

RIFLE.jpeg

This is my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt. Stainless action and barrel, factory lapped barrel, carbon fiber wrapped stock, very good 2 lb. 10 oz. trigger, fluting everywhere, Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope W/G3 lighted small Xmas tree reticle, Talley rings W/bubble on rear ring. Bronze factory Cerakote on rifle and rings, OD custom Cerakote on scope. Helle GT hunting knife, gift from my wife. (The deer was shot years ago with a .308 SAVAGE 99C lever gun.)
This rifle/scope combo ia for long range hunting here in Nevada.