Best factory ammo for 6.5 Creedmoor

I want to second the suggestion of Hornady American Gunner for practice ammo. Great results on targets with it. But not for hunting. Berger brand ammo 135 Hybrid shoot very well in my creedmoor if you are OK with using Berger Hybrid on game animals.
I had good results with HSM Sierra and Fiocchi Interlock ammo also

I have a similar question as the op. I'm starting my way through factory ammo after break in.

What about a 26" barrel with 1:7 twist? Will it be more likely to shoot the heavier bullets better?

I've started cheap and light. None have really impressed me.
With a 1:7 twist it should shoot all the available Bullets out there. My Ruger shoots the 156 Berger great with a 24" barrel and 1:8 twist also the factory 147 ELDM's shoot great.

I have been looking at a bunch of old factory 6.5 Creedmoor ammo I have laying around and I have a pretty good idea why some shoot well and others suck. Most of the ammo I have measured have a 2.10 - 2.17 CBTO length which is waaaaaaay off the lands for most Creedmoors. I just checked a box of Federal Premium Barnes TSX 130gr and they have a nice 2.20 - 2.21 CBTO which should be much closer to the sweet spot for Creedmoors. I wish the factory loads would list COAL and CBTO. Anyway, I have just been playing around and have my suspicions that most of the ammo you can buy off the shelf is just seated too far off the lands. The 2.10's are .200 off mine which is huge. So, somebody needs to go to the ammo store with their calipers and measure CBTO for all the brands and sized and post it here. Lol JK.

Anyway, am I crazy or could there be truth to this???

Here's some that I have laying around...

Hornady 147 ELD Match 2.17 CBTO
Hornady 129 American Whitetail 2.17 CBTO
Federal Premium Barnes TSX 130 2.21 CBTO
Hornady 120 ELD Match 2.18 CBTO
Federal Fusion 140 Bonded Soft 2.17 CBTO

I have a Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't reload so I'm experimenting with ammo. What have others found works good? Lighter bullet or heavier? Brands?
Trying to save a few $ by including smart people and their experience.
Hornady 143 eldx worked excellent in 3 out 3 guns for us. Wouldn't reload for this gun if it wasn't about price!

Factory ammo will be within SAMMI specs. If you want to dictate your BTO, you need to hand load. It is not that hard nor expensive, and very satisfying:)

Target sports used to sell Berger factory ammo at under $25/box if you were a Prime member. I think the price is going up with current events.
However, all 3 of these shot less than 3/4" 100 yard groups in my 6.5 Creed:
Berger factory 135 classic hunter, with SRP brass
Berger factory 130 AR Hybrid, with LRP brass
Berger factory 156 EOL, with LRP brass

Berger 130 OTM was 1"-1.5" MOA. Most surprising to me.
ELD-M shot the best for factory.
Berger 135 Classic Hunter was in between.

I bought the Creed for wife and kids to shoot. It shoots plenty good for Kansas whitetails in the trees.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.