Best Factory .308 loads

rice

Well I went ahead and ordered my 700VS .308, I just hope I got one of the good ones. Before she arrives I would like to pick up some different factory BRANDS and BULLET WEIGHTS that she might like. I was wondering what you guys out there have had luck with, now I know all rifles like different rounds, but I am just trying to give my self a head start. For the time being I don't plan on reloading, so factory ammo will have to give me my best results. Thanks everyone.

I have used the Federal GM and the Norma Diamond line 168's.Both are great with the Norma edging out the Fed. by a hair. Good luck
grin.gif

Winchester supreme match 168gr BTHP work well in mine,..oh and they are the only factory ammo I have found to fit in my .336" neck. Nice small holes in colder temps,..but they open up slightly when it's hot outside. 1:11.25" twist, 21" hart tube.

If you are going to be using it for big game hunting try the Remington Premier Scirocco's in 165 grain. Give me 1.75 " groups out of my '89 .308 Remington 700 Mountain Rifle at 200 meters.
wink.gif

Rice,

I've got 10 boxes of Hornady 168 gr AMAX custom/match ammo for sell. Anyone that wants to make me an offer, I'm open. I've gotten into reloading now, and don't really need it anymore.

Out of my Rock barrel I get consistent groups in the .3's

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts