Best Electronic Caller

I have never owned/used a FoxPro. It is a very popular caller. I wanted to use sounds that were new to the predators. Plus,, when I got my 1st Wildlife Tech in 2008 it was the only one that used high quality live sounds, that I knew of. That call had a quality high frequency tweeter. They were quality sounds and I killed a lot of coyotes/fox/bobct. My record time on a Bobcat with a WT call is 8 seconds. Witnessed no less. It pays to set up quietly. My other reason for a high coyote per number of stands is I/partner hunt the brush. Heavy brush. My gun is a Browning Gold Hunter 10ga. My old load was 2.25oz of Italian high antimony nickel plated BB. I now use 2.0oz. of TSS.. either #2, #3, or #4. Not mixed. Dedicated to one size per shell. Those loads will generally give me a dead coyote at 63yds ANY ANGLE. I am also, for the last two years, using a Beretta Extreme Plus LH 12ga some. That load is 1 5/8oz #4TSS. 2 3/4" hull. With the 12ga ranges have been in the under 30yd range so I do not know the max range for that load.
Dave Afleck(Utah) has done some work with the 12 ga loads and should have a lot of info on effective range. I think his web site is: CoyoteStuff.com.
Carl L.

Best is a big opinion when it comes to ecalls. Ive hunted over most everything out there.
Fox pro very well may be the best built with the best customer support and service but i would never come close to saying they sound the best and standard Foxpro sounds are way down the list of the "best".

In my opinion the Icotec Sounds are inferior and the caller in general is chintzy. BUT the remote range and reliability is absolutely 2nd to none. My buddy was a prostaffer for awhile i think the call he had was a G500 nothing impressive but you could bury that call in the bottom of a draw 400 yards away in ****** weather and the remote worked EVERY TIME, no one else has the range or reliability of connection as them.

Wild life technologies buold one hell of a call. Strong, Durable, sounds amazing and their sound files are near the top. However that number code entry remote imho is a junk system in todays world. Been awhile since ive looked maybe they have improved the remote that is their only real draw back.

The Primos Ecalls to me are very middle of the pack. Not the best at anything and not the worst.

Personally the Lucky Duck Revolt offers the most bang for the buck at the moment. Ricks sounds are the best readily available on the market. The rotation feature is nice. The call feels like a cheap *** but having said that ive been using it 3 years now and absolutely punished it the whole time and its still functions as it should. The remote range is good not great and i do have some connectivity issues with the remote. Overall the functions along with the superior sound files and 1st or 2nd best sound quality om the market wins this argument with me every time.
The new Super Revolt being released the end of October looks on paper to have solved most of the issues i had with the plain revolt but it carries a 700 price tag.

Either way if the situation arose i would own any of the others again as they all have something they do really well. And its important to note that the ecall is just another tool in the aresnal. Quality hand calls and diaphragms are just as useful and to be successful should be incorporated as well.

WestSD; I agree with all you have said. However, I prefer the WT punch pad over the scrolling menu style. Just me. I do not hunt at night so a lighted control is of no value to me. Wt's newest calls do NOT incorporate a tweeter. Bill M.(owner) says that model does not need one. Their remote range has improved dramatically with the new model. It can not be used with the older models though. Disappointing. Oh well, most of my hunting the call is within 40 or so yards, so reception range is not a issue.
Carl L.

Last edited:
Avoid the Flextone pushed by Steve Criner(? Dog Soldier) as the remore and call are synchronized at the factory and either unit cannot be replaced. My remote fell out of my pack and could not be recovered. The factory rep said each remote is for each call and I could not get another remote to replace it. All I could salvage were the batteries when I tossed a perfectly good almost new call. I have used the little Icotec 300 successfully but went bigger with their 2nd Gen 500 and 200 sounds. Very reliable and long remote range but not quite as loud as I wanted so I bought the Flextone. The Icotecs easily hang on a fence wire or branch.

Operation of the Flextone was more complicated and slightly low batteries made it fail so I always had the Icotec as a backup and called a few coyotes with the Icotec when I couldn't get the Flextone going.

I recently bought the LuckyDuck Revolt and am very happy with its features and many sounds including the extra sounds added to it if bought directly from the Verminator. It even has seasonal hunt call sequences loaded on it as well as a built in decoy and a speaker remote rotation feature.

My opinion as to the best electronic call would be one of the high end Icotec calls or the Lucky Duck Revolt.

Avoid the Flextone pushed by Steve Criner(? Dog Soldier) as the remore and call are synchronized at the factory and either unit cannot be replaced. My remote fell out of my pack and could not be recovered. The factory rep said each remote is for each call and I could not get another remote to replace it. All I could salvage were the batteries when I tossed a perfectly good almost new call. I have used the little Icotec 300 successfully but went bigger with their 2nd Gen 500 and 200 sounds. Very reliable and long remote range but not quite as loud as I wanted so I bought the Flextone. The Icotecs easily hang on a fence wire or branch.

Operation of the Flextone was more complicated and slightly low batteries made it fail so I always had the Icotec as a backup and called a few coyotes with the Icotec when I couldn't get the Flextone going.

I recently bought the LuckyDuck Revolt and am very happy with its features and many sounds including the extra sounds added to it if bought directly from the Verminator. It even has seasonal hunt call sequences loaded on it as well as a built in decoy and a speaker remote rotation feature.

My opinion as to the best electronic call would be one of the high end Icotec calls or the Lucky Duck Revolt.
My Icotec Night stalker has tremendous range, and not even one time out has it failed to call in a predator, though it may not have been a coyote they're other predators that are worthy of taking. My only complaint is the amount of batteries it takes. In two years over a dozen coyotes, many ferals, fox, raptors, coon, deer, one bobcat etc.

So the folks above that want something that has sounds that are "new" to the predators. I haven't had that issue as I shoot the ones that I call but maybe I am doing it wrong. So do y'all think the coyotes are recording these sounds and playing them back for friends and relatives. ;)

Gotta chuckle venatic. You are right, there should be no survivors. However, coyotes are great at "associating". If you get one of a pair you can put money on the survivor not responding to that same sound. Good friend Gary Strader wrote a book in which he covers the coyotes ability to associate quite nicely. There are generational teachings in the "family". By the way the title is "Master Wolfer". Good reading. Just misc info. The dog on the book cover is named Toby. My dog is named LG(Little George). He was Toby's hunting partner for the 1st 2 years of his life. LG's bloodline was different from Toby. LG is of the DORN blood line.
Carl L.

I use the Primos Alpha Dog and several decoys (stray cat, tail spinner). Most electronic decoys will work with it. Very compact and easy to use. Very good quality of sound from bunches of prerecorded call sounds. Called a big male in the very first time I used it with the challenge howl.
+2 I use the same call. Good battery life with rechargeables, can upload recorded sounds, good distance with remote if you have line of sight.

UPEgger , is it from O'Gorman's dogs ? O'Gorman had a line of dogs he called the Dorn line , after Vern Dorn's dogs . Vern Dorn was a denning legend from Hanna Wyoming that Craig studied denning under and was friends with . Years ago O'Gorman had a book called Hoofbeats of a Wolfer .

Last edited:
DSheetz; Yes LG is from the O'Gorman/Dorn line. LG was Craigs wife "pet dog" and it took a lot of talking from Gary and Craig to get him. Vern D. developed that bloodline from several breeds to obtain the instincts he wanted. Herding was one of the most desirable traits. I do have the book "Hoofbeats of a Wolfer". Some subjects are timeless. I did not know O'Gorman "studied" under Vern Dorn.
Carl L.

Craig and Dana are good people for sure as is Nancy . If memory serves me the Dorn dogs were bred from Plots , Air dales and maybe Australian shepherd . Back to calls I still like the casette tape type so you can make your own sounds . Lambs , ewes , deer , antelope ect. .

It is hard to say how many coyote are called that are never seen by the persons calling them as well as how many coyote set out there and don't come all the way in . It's all part of what happens that some people never realize does .