Best Do It All Shotgun?

I like the old Remington 870. Can't find a gun that's more of an all around gun. Also love the Franchi affinity. I am thinking of picking up a Benelli Ethos so if anyone has any experience with it let me know. It sure handles good in the store but I have never shot one.

If you're not gonna choose an 870, here's the next choice.
6D9D2AAC-6EA4-4074-BCCA-E03788BAEA25.jpeg

If you know any trap shooters go to a trap club and shoot as many different models as you can. One or 2 will just work for you.

A shot gun has to fit. Drop at heel,drop at comb,length of pull. It all matters with shotguns. When it fits you'll hit everything you shoot at. Then buy what fits you.
This is true. For years 'my birdgun' was a Savage 12/20 combo made by Valmet. It fit me to a tee. It was cheap and did the job. I didn't have a lot of coin to spend on fancy guns..

When my wife decided to get into bird hunting and busting clays I gave her the advice you just gave, plus I sent her to our LGS with knowledgeable staff WITHOUT ME there....

She came home one night and said "I found a shotgun that fits really well!" I said "whadya get?"

"I got a Citori!":oops:

Anything imported by beretta will do you and your kids and grandkids very well. I'd stick with a 12ga just to cover all bases. My first firearm purchase was a beretta 391a 12ga and that was 20 years ago. I've used it as a paddle... I've used it like a snow shoe in that stinking black "suck mud". It's been frozen solid with spray and it just keeps working! I bought the beretta xtreme plus when they first came out so I could shoot 3.5" shells and the 391a became the "loaner gun". This west Texas Mars dust won't even kill them.

Same goes for the benelli's...... also imported by beretta.

Like many people have said....
You gotta get ahold of a shotgun and see how it points for you.

I bought a Citori feather lightening 20 ga. Because I really like the looks of it. Another gun came to the eye better in the store but I wanted that feather lightening. Spent an hour and 250$ with a fitter and now it comes to my eye naturally. Before this the only shotgun I've ever had that fit right is my first, an ancient mossberg bolt action I bought for 5 bucks 50 years ago. It has a proper LOP for me and that made all the difference. Wish I had done this decades ago with all my other shotguns.

I bought a Citori feather lightening 20 ga. Because I really like the looks of it. Another gun came to the eye better in the store but I wanted that feather lightening. Spent an hour and 250$ with a fitter and now it comes to my eye naturally. Before this the only shotgun I've ever had that fit right is my first, an ancient mossberg bolt action I bought for 5 bucks 50 years ago. It has a proper LOP for me and that made all the difference. Wish I had done this decades ago with all my other shotguns.
I have the 20/28 Feather Lightning set. I couldn't be outdone by my wife, lol.

I shoot a few Dove and Quail but am mainly a rifle guy so am soliciting experience formed opinions on what the best Do It All shotgun would be. Do It All being mostly dove and quail with occasional waterfowl.

I would want nice walnut or a synthetic walnut. My son has a Beretta A390 with a synthetic walnut finished stock that is absolutely gorgeous. You have to look really hard to tell it's not walnut, but, alas, as near as I can tell, they don't offer that option for their stocks anymore.

What do you shotgun aficionados recommend?

Thanks,

John
I used a 870 Remington and a 1100 Remington. When I got into muddy fields those shotguns got pretty heavy.
So I got a Browning Superlight over and under 12ga. Full and Modified. Now they have screw in chokes of course.
Didn't have to worry about the Game Wardens checking if I had my plug in for 3 shells either. They would see my gun
and just say have a nice day..lol Very light gun and a kicker. Had to put a recoil pad on it for me. Maybe you are tougher.
One thing for sure...If it fly's it dies with the Browning...

As I said earlier in this thread, my Benelli M1 has a long barrel with and "field" stock.
Then I bought a short barrel and a Benelli pistol grip for turkey hunting and home security.

Two barrels, two stocks, one receiver, high quality semi-auto.
Is this not a "Do it All" shotgun??

Benelli all the way starting with the Super Black Eagle to the M2. Second the Browning A5. At one time I was heavy into waterfowl hunting for years, shot every shotgun I could get my hands on. Shooting muddy shells and dragging those guns through muddy water and grass. They all jammed except these two.They are the AK47s of the shotgun world.

The best do all dove and quail shotgun for me was a 20 GA Browning Citori over under FWT. It just shouldered and pointed perfectly for me. But my best do all shotgun for hunting and everything else is a Remington 870 12 GA. I went to Remington's Armorer school so I slicked the action alittle.

Benelli all the way starting with the Super Black Eagle to the M2. Second the Browning A5. At one time I was heavy into waterfowl hunting for years, shot every shotgun I could get my hands on. Shooting muddy shells and dragging those guns through muddy water and grass. They all jammed except these two.They are the AK47s of the shotgun world.
Agreed! I have both and put them thru the ringer, mud and salt water for ducks and 1000's of dove & quail over the years… my heart goes for my A5, everything else the Benelli super black eagle just doesn't fail! The 3-1/2" are some thumpers💥😂