Best DM kit to use for Rem 700 300 rum?

shogi

Currently in the process of converting my drop plate Rem 300 RUM to a DM (XCR model) . The rig is just for hunting but I certainly don't want a cheap DM kit installed as I firmly believe in reliability.
I'm currently looking at 3 DM kits for the 300 RUM- 1) HS Precision 2) Wyatts and 3) Badger Ordnance.
Any opinions from the guys in the know as to the preferred kit to use and why? Kinda leaning in the HS direction.
By the way, already purchased a Knoxx Axiom VS stock to be installed. Does this pose an issue?

Hi the h-s precision will drop straight in any bdl inletted stock the others will require a little inletting,i would go for the seekins dbm which will require a little milling out of the back of the action but it will give the best oal for your cartridges, i found the badger and h-s a little too short for the 300 rum,best to measure a loaded round that you want to use and see which mag will be long enough for you,all the ones you have listed will do the job well.cheers.

I like the OAL of the Seekins, but I would go with the one you can get your hands on.

Thanks 300R for the info on Seekins. Wasn't aware they made a 300RUM DM kit. I'll be researching their product(s) to see if it will be a good fit for the rifle. If the wait is ridiculous though I maybe going with true's advice!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.