Best Deer Caliber out to 1K

G

Any reason to show off your gun you jump on it huh ??
I don't blame you if I had that rig I'd carry it around and shot it off like a childs photo !! Sweeeettt

I wuld think that any gun that'll have at least 500lbs KE at 1000yds would work as long as you any hit that far , I would think that about any of your 300Mags and some big 7mm's would work good.

Bill,I agree with Wyo on the 300wsm.But do yourself a favor and save 2500 dollars or so and just buy a factory Win M70 Coyote 300wsm.IMHO that Tac rig is a waste of money.When the same accuracy can be had with a factory rig...

JD,

Yup, I like her pretty ,much guess that's obvious.. the caliber is the main point but the rifle is the underlying obsession!

as a general rule I like 800 ft lbs for deer!

Boyd,

Nice....
frown.gif

Sorry Ric,did'nt mean to offend you.But why do you keep trying to push Your Tac setup the way you do....The man is going on a elk hunt.And I would not want to carry a 14 or 15 pound Tac gun when a 8 or 9 pound factory or semi custom gun would be more than capable of doing the job????

[ 03-06-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

O.k. Wyo....Got a deal for you.Have CM build me one of those wsm's like yours.Send it to me.We'll put it on video.And then he would have 50 or 60 orders a year for one.That would be good right....???

No Backstroking going on
wink.gif
..Just stating that if CM GAVE me one of those rigs...We would put it in the videos.And he would have more work than he could handle
grin.gif
..If Ric wants to sell guns for him.We could sell guns
wink.gif
grin.gif

Boyd

At $3000.00 to $3500.00?????
I don't think you would sell very many at that price.
Even $2500.00 would be way out of line with a Remington action.

To the first poster, how about a Remington Sendaro (11#) in the 300 RUM? About $600.00 for the blued barrel and $750.00 for the stainless fluted model.
That would be my choice but, your thoughts Boyd on the Coyote, would be a good one to consider for an elk gun.

I think Butch has a friend with a 300 Weatherby Sendaro that has done extremely well with it on deer at long-range.

I guess it all depends on how much a person wants to spend and what makes "him" happy.
Point is, you don't need an expensive rifle for just an elk gun.
If your a "medium" longrange hunter, the Sendaro will do the job as well as many customs will at a hell of a lot less expense.

Later
DC
smile.gif

Boyd

Yep, back in the mountains again.

Can't stay away to long.

What's up? Did you get those barrels fitted up yet?

When do you want my 243? At the second work weekend or the first match?

Later
DC
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>When do you want my 243? At the second work weekend or the first match?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thats up to you.Both would suit me....Now,how am I gonna get it by my wife.She know's the color of all my guns
wink.gif
grin.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>What's up? Did you get those barrels fitted up yet?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No,not yet....I need to beg,borrow or steal a 300 Tommy reamer
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Ray keeps a tight lock-up on those reamers of his.

You might have to talk to him about that.

814-265-1948

He usually don't like loaning them out.

I'll talk with him.
Later
DC

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.