Best dawn/dusk low light deer scope

Well the Meopta did not disappoint. My 9
and 12 yr old thought I had lost my mind spending that much on a scope. I did too in fact.

On the outside it looks just like a normal scope. Look through it and it is a lot of WOW! It is 2.5-15 power and it is crystal clear all the way through. It also has a red dot in the center that has 8 intensity settings. It makes a very fine exact aiming point.

We did a side by side comparison last night. Compared it to a one year old 3x9 leupold. And several other scopes we have. Pretty impressed!!! Fifteen power stayed clearer and crisper much longer than the others did on even 3 power. We watched our cows off our deck and you could see a lot of facial detail through the new Meopta and the others all looked like there was a coating of peanut butter on the lenses. I checked Sunset and added 30 minutes. The Meopta could still see my cows really clear at 125 yards 50 minutes after sunset. Really dark out.
Took 3 shots to dial it in. I could Have done it in two had I known how Far i Needed to go for sure. I shot and guessed how far off it was. Went 21 clicks up and left. Then went 4 and 4 back. Dead on the money!
Anyway this was a pile of money. But the boys and I are blown away how it made our best scopes look really bad.
Just what my old eyes needed. I WILL be able to see antler details at 200-300 yards easily now.
I also think it is going to track perfect. What that means for me is that I won't fret switching it to different rifles. Shoot one shell. Measure how many inches needed put in the clicks verify two or three shots and it will be on the money!

Well the Meopta did not disappoint. My 9
and 12 yr old thought I had lost my mind spending that much on a scope. I did too in fact.

On the outside it looks just like a normal scope. Look through it and it is a lot of WOW! It is 2.5-15 power and it is crystal clear all the way through. It also has a red dot in the center that has 8 intensity settings. It makes a very fine exact aiming point.

We did a side by side comparison last night. Compared it to a one year old 3x9 leupold. And several other scopes we have. Pretty impressed!!! Fifteen power stayed clearer and crisper much longer than the others did on even 3 power. We watched our cows off our deck and you could see a lot of facial detail through the new Meopta and the others all looked like there was a coating of peanut butter on the lenses. I checked Sunset and added 30 minutes. The Meopta could still see my cows really clear at 125 yards 50 minutes after sunset. Really dark out.
Took 3 shots to dial it in. I could Have done it in two had I known how Far i Needed to go for sure. I shot and guessed how far off it was. Went 21 clicks up and left. Then went 4 and 4 back. Dead on the money!
Anyway this was a pile of money. But the boys and I are blown away how it made our best scopes look really bad.
Just what my old eyes needed. I WILL be able to see antler details at 200-300 yards easily now.
I also think it is going to track perfect. What that means for me is that I won't fret switching it to different rifles. Shoot one shell. Measure how many inches needed put in the clicks verify two or three shots and it will be on the money!
Well done my friend....you got a fine scope and it sounds like you're gonna really enjoy it. Long after you've recovered from such a big purchase you'll still be getting the same top shelf performance from that glass.
It's like paying more one time for filet mignon instead of sirloin, but getting to eat the better cut of meat every time you want a steak.

Meopta for the win, twice the scope for half the money ,mines a SFP ,Optca 6 ,3x18x50 ,Dic-ret ,wish I had 20 of them ,Congrats OP ,😉☺️😉
I almost got the same thing with the 56 mm. One of my boys may end up with one of those down the road. Have wondered what a side by side comparison of my R2 and the optika6 would look like at dusk.

We all have our "go to scope". I am a Night Force ATACR fan as I need the largest tube and objective lens for clear light transmission. Read this article and take it from there. Also, as a fellow shooter who has lost much clarity in my vision, the glass and tube is only part of the puzzle. The reticle is your next hurdle. Who cares if you can see the target if you cant see your reticle? Too fine and they disappear in low light. To heavy and they obscure your target. Illuminated they can take all clarity of your target away. I wish you the best of luck, but when you are narrowing down your options, buy the best you can afford.

Yes, I stopped taking "Top 10" lists seriously a long time ago. Working and having friends and family in the industry gives you a dose of reality, and a clear understanding of a company's marketing budget.....and exactly how these top 10 lists are compiled.
I've been an optics nut for a long time and I have spent a lot of time evaluating optics....not only by looking through them, but also looking into them....into the company and it's process from design through build and all the way to the retail shelf. I've learned enough to make my choices after determining what suits my eyes best.
I'd be hard pressed to choose any scope made in the Pacific Rim over Germany, Austria, or the Czech Republic. Optically the European glass is easier on my eyes, but the process and mindset is the biggest issue....the one comparison that comes to mind is "sizzle versus steak".
Just so I don't get an envelope of anthrax in the mail, I do wanna give a shout out to Nightforce and their loyalists. Made in America, and in my best judgement a 10/10 for quality, durability and reliability. The glass is well above average, except for the Atacr, which is exceptional. I would own one in a heartbeat if they offered my preferred reticle, and could figure out a way to drop some weight.

Meopta for the win, twice the scope for half the money ,mines a SFP ,Optca 6 ,3x18x50 ,Dic-ret ,wish I had 20 of them ,Congrats OP ,😉☺️😉
How do you like the dic ret? I thought about it then got Leary. Thought I would get the RD instead.

Well done my friend....you got a fine scope and it sounds like you're gonna really enjoy it. Long after you've recovered from such a big purchase you'll still be getting the same top shelf performance from that glass.
It's like paying more one time for filet mignon instead of sirloin, but getting to eat the better cut of meat every time you want a steak.
This is where the steak idea has always been my motto on most everything I purchase.
It's like buying an "expensive " meat grinder. Over a lifetime it pays if you really eat a lot of meat you shoot. Gas to the processor alone will pay for the grinder.
I almost got an Otika6. Then an R1r. Then I thought I will probably not do this again for a very long time, better get one you aren't gonna wish you had gotten instead!!!
Seems like a ridiculous amount for a scope but I have blew through a lot of ammo trying to get and keep cheap scopes sighted in.
Pay me two pennies the first day of the month and double that everyday. I would retire rich in 31 days.
2,4,6,8,16,32 pennies. It's the little expenses that eat most people's money all their life.
Have I said thank you for all of the wonderful great advice. Thank you all again. Great website!!!

I'm happy with the dic/ret,it changes from reddish to greenish blue,eaiser to just view it on their Meopta web page ,research and reading is best ,cheers.

Most are clueless on how to text low light scopes, that top 10 verifies it because many on that list are awful in low light, not legal shooting btw because most any modern scope will do fine, I'm talking real low light. All that matters in low light is can you see/identify the target enough to make the shot.