Best Controlled Feed Action???

piute..you obviously have some great taste..i had a donor mod 70 classic blueprinted and smoothed over and built a 35 whelen.also went with a benchmark at 22".used the only stock i have used on rifles the last 23 years which is a bansner.love them.make sure you try some 225 grainers in that beast. my moose never took 2 steps and drt.grizz was bang flop drt..you will love it.good luck and enjoy.

p7m13..that 416 rigby in any stock is a monster and to much for me also at 60 years of age.dont sweat that !!

Well, my best is a 375 H&H built on a 1990's "Classic" Winchester action by Michael Scherz. Amazing rifle. Feeds the long, tapered 375's slick as Rem Oil on a brass doorknob. ;)

bLiT2OXl.jpg

wmuFKZ9l.jpg

kDpFvpll.jpg

But I'd have no problem with a factory 375 Ruger either. Those are some great rifles and a great cartridge too.

Regards, Guy

guy..that has classic american hunting rifle written all over it.thats the rifle you took your griz with correct ?

I don't think anyone in the history of forever has cited lock time as a legitimate complaint on a hunting rifle. Maybe in BR or F class but never in the context of a Rigby hunting rifle
Point is modern technology has offered better products. Shooting a classic is great! But the thread is "BEST CONTROLLED FEED ACTION" so everything must be considered.
if not it would be what nostalgic action turns your crank!
mausers laid the tracks for nearly everything with a bolt handle but it's not the best.
To add almost everything hunters end up using gets its colostrum on the bench or battlefield.

Unlike all the modern "wonder stuff" you will NEVER find a Rigby Mauser that failed when the chips were down.
Fast lock time requires stronger springs and lighter strikers. Both invitations for misfires.

Bench rest a'int hunting. No little paper target ever charged a shooter and stomped into bloody mush. Nor do they have to shoot in a misty rain fast turning into ice.

The analogy is like comparing Mom going to the grocery store in her SUV vs the Monte Carlo rally.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts