Best Controlled Feed Action???

300dakota

piute..you obviously have some great taste..i had a donor mod 70 classic blueprinted and smoothed over and built a 35 whelen.also went with a benchmark at 22".used the only stock i have used on rifles the last 23 years which is a bansner.love them.make sure you try some 225 grainers in that beast. my moose never took 2 steps and drt.grizz was bang flop drt..you will love it.good luck and enjoy.

300dakota

p7m13..that 416 rigby in any stock is a monster and to much for me also at 60 years of age.dont sweat that !!

Guy M

Well, my best is a 375 H&H built on a 1990's "Classic" Winchester action by Michael Scherz. Amazing rifle. Feeds the long, tapered 375's slick as Rem Oil on a brass doorknob. ;)

But I'd have no problem with a factory 375 Ruger either. Those are some great rifles and a great cartridge too.

Regards, Guy

300dakota

guy..that has classic american hunting rifle written all over it.thats the rifle you took your griz with correct ?

Scott E Ames

LRH Team Member
[QUOTE
p7m13..that 416 rigby in any stock is a monster and to much for me also at 60 years of age.dont sweat that !!

Don't count yourself out yet. I was 65 when this beast went to sleep from my 416 Rigby!

Bull.jpg

Fred3

LRH Team Member
I’m interested in hearing about the attributes of this action that lead you to this opinion.
I’d start with lock time. It’s y you didn’t see Mausers setting bench rest records!

rustyshackleford

I’d start with lock time. It’s y you didn’t see Mausers setting bench rest records!
I don’t think anyone in the history of forever has cited lock time as a legitimate complaint on a hunting rifle. Maybe in BR or F class but never in the context of a Rigby hunting rifle

Fred3

LRH Team Member
I don’t think anyone in the history of forever has cited lock time as a legitimate complaint on a hunting rifle. Maybe in BR or F class but never in the context of a Rigby hunting rifle
Point is modern technology has offered better products. Shooting a classic is great! But the thread is “BEST CONTROLLED FEED ACTION” so everything must be considered.
if not it would be what nostalgic action turns your crank!
mausers laid the tracks for nearly everything with a bolt handle but it’s not the best.
To add almost everything hunters end up using gets its colostrum on the bench or battlefield.

HappyWarrior

LRH Team Member
Unlike all the modern "wonder stuff" you will NEVER find a Rigby Mauser that failed when the chips were down.
Fast lock time requires stronger springs and lighter strikers. Both invitations for misfires.

Bench rest a'int hunting. No little paper target ever charged a shooter and stomped into bloody mush. Nor do they have to shoot in a misty rain fast turning into ice.

The analogy is like comparing Mom going to the grocery store in her SUV vs the Monte Carlo rally.

Trending threads