Best concentricity gauge?

What kind of dies or reloading process are you using that produces .020 runout?
Redding type s, excess lube, Hornady LNL press, Forster Micrometer seater, and lock rings bound up between die and press……any not confirming my product.

Redding type s, excess lube, Hornady LNL press, Forster Micrometer seater, and lock rings bound up between die and press……any not confirming my product.
And you were using Winchester brass, correct? Did they measure fine going into the die/press, or did they have problems before?

If they were fine before and came out of the die/press wonky, then yes it sounds like you found a way to induce an error, the tool helped you find it, and you fixed it.

If they weren't fine before, you were in the situation of trying to correct something, to me that's a lot harder of an endeavor and I skip it by buying new brass. Not always an option though, so props to you if you pushed through and found a fix.

Both valid reasons to have and use the tool. I'm not upset that I have one, because one day I might be in your shoes. But also not something I've been in true need of, so I could have waited to get it.

Based on me buying one! a bunch of worry and trouble with pretty much no change on target. Much like purchasing a borescope and then everyone needs a new barrel instead just look at how it shoots.
I agree, I think too many people assume what they think they should see and base their judgments off that. I went in with the mentality of "see what it is, see what it does, then worry if it sucks" and I got to skip a lot of the stress-phase it seems like a lot of guys go through. If it shoots fine, make a note of it and wait until it stops shooting fine. I only had one barrel where I can find a real problem with a borescope... and it was rust that was so bad I could see it looking down the bore with the naked eye 🤣

That's why my 21st Century concentricity/runout/whatever it measures tool doesn't come out often, mainly only when I'm using a brand new die. Spin a couple of cases, size them, spin them again. No change, no need to worry.

I use it a bunch now for first article check. I measure too much, but it tells me control points are good before blasting downrange.

Well, I work in an industry that makes things. Every day first article checks stop bad quality due to production startup. We our no better than what we can see.