Best cold bore shot yet

CA48

Got to go out to an old shooting spot this Monday about an hour before dark. The wind was dead calm and i wanted to get shooting right away. Distance was 1155 yards using the 300 gr Berger OTMs. Target was a gallon jug of ranch and the elevation was 28.25 MOA up. then adjusted .5 MOA for spin drift. Got down into my shooting position and the wind was some how still dead calm. I fired off the first shot and really couldn't tell anything. So I shot one more time and spoted the hit, ranch started coming out right from the center of the jug. I got pretty excited so me and a friend I had with me drove down to the target. Turned out both the first and second shots hit. I was pretty pumped. We got back to our shooting position and now my buddy wanted to get on the trigger, his target was a six inch long piece of 2in PVC pipe with a T on top sticking in the plowed dirt. As he has never shot past 400 yards I gave him a little instruction on shooting form. Then he got down on the rifle with the wind still dead and sent the first shot. Elevation was good but he just missed left by inches. Loaded up and sent the second one. It looked a little low but also looked like the pipe moved, but i thought dirt might of hit it. He shot two more that went slightly right then we drove to the target. Turned out he had hit it on the second shot. I don't know how it didn't fall over but I was just glad he hit it. He couldn't of had a bigger smile on his face and he now wants to build a long range rig haha. I wish I could show his pic of him holding his pvc pipe but i don't know if he would like that. It was a great experience and has helped me not fully confirm but, be extremely confident in my stepped B.C. that I have got to test at 700,895,1155,1677, and 2009 yards the last few weeks, elevation dead on at these ranges. I had originally tried the three steps that Shawn posted a few weeks ago but to get everything on elevation wise for my rifle had to tweak the steps and add another. BTW thanks for posting those Shawn.

IMG_0371.jpg
IMG_0375.jpg

Thanks guys it was a great day, sure wish the wind was absent more often.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.