Best cleaning rods?

CPerkins

What kind of cleaning rods do you think are best. I have been using Dewey and they got damaged when I moved. I was getting ready to order replacements and wanted some opinions.

We use Dewey's in the shop with the exception of .17/.20 cal and the Looooong .50 cal's. For those we use Tipton carbon fiber rods. Either of these would be great choices. My own personal cleaning rods are Dewey's and have served me well over the years.

I to use coated Dewy one piece rods and have never had any complaints or needed more ,their bearings work realy well and I think they are made from spring steel to a little flexing won't kill them

Boretech Borestix are the best IMO. Dewey and Tipton are great cleaning rods.

I'd use any of the 3, and have. I prefer the boretech.

I do not mean to hujack the thread, but I'm getting a 338 LM Improved with a 32" barrel and 2 to 3" muzzle break based upon the Stiller Predator action. What rods will fit with this barrel length? The 50 cal rods seem to be too wide. My current 44" Dewey looks way too short when I add in the length of the action to the barrel and muzzle break. Suggestions are truly appreciated.

Thanks

JeffVN

Go with the Dewey. YOu can custom order them with extensions any length you want. Last ones I got were $44 shipped.

Boretechs have great handles but absolutely crappy coatings that peel like crazy and takes forever to get them replaced.

Never had (or heard) a Dewey peeling, but boretech that is common

BH

Another vote for Dewey. I also have several SS rods that I bought before I knew better. I believe that a coated rod is much a better material to be rubbing against the riflings that SS.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.