Best case trimmer??

I had a Lee case trimmer with all the inserts for various calibers and eventually got so disappointed, I threw the **** thing away! It wasn't trimming the cases evenly. I contacted Lee and they sent me another bushing that the trimmer arm rests in. No better. It's just not good enough for precision reloading. What is the consensus for the best, most uniform trimmer you can buy?

Watch the little video in this link:

You may not want to try this since it's a LEE product but I think it works well.

If you want the best case trimmer get the Wilson/Sinclair with micrometer adjustment.

I upgraded to a Wilson (with the micrometer) from my 40 year old RCBS. The Wilson is very nice, maybe the only negative is having to but the case holder, but I think it's worth it. On a side note I'm a Draht fan. I got my first one back in 2004 and currently have a 7 year old and a 8 month old pup.

I just got a Henderson. By far the best money I have ever spent on reloading equipment. Fast, extremely uniform, chamfers and deburrs saving two other steps (also more uniform than doing it separately), just an amazing tool. I trim about 3-5k a year mostly .223 so this was a game changer.

previously used a Lee manual trimmer which was pretty good and a Dillon. The Dillon was super fast but didn't seem to trim square and maybe the blades were worn out or something but it seemed like I had to spend a lot of time chamfering.

I also use a Giraud (like @Beluebow ). It is very fast because it trims/chamfers/deburs simultaneously. The unit indexes off the shoulder; you feed it like sharpening a pencil. I can rip through 300+ in a very short time. However it is costly and would be overkill, in my opinion, if speed was not of prime importance....ie- having to prep hundreds of pieces in a sitting. Forster makes a 3-way trimmer that can be powered with a cordless drill that will perform all three operations in a single step. It is not as quick as a Giraud (marginally slower but a little more work to chuck the case) but it is spot on in precision and less that 1/4 of the price. If I had smaller numbers to trim the Forster would be my go to.

I had a Lee case trimmer with all the inserts for various calibers and eventually got so disappointed, I threw the **** thing away! It wasn't trimming the cases evenly. I contacted Lee and they sent me another bushing that the trimmer arm rests in. No better. It's just not good enough for precision reloading. What is the consensus for the best, most uniform trimmer you can buy?
I use wilson

I have 3 trimmers at present, all give me precise repeatable cuts.
They are the Redding 2400, RCBS Trim Pro and RCBS High Capacity trimmer.
I find the Redding the fastest to use, then the Trim Pro 2.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts