• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Best carrier for firearm shipping

Fedex Home Delivery has worked well for me. You must tell them it's a firearm (I believe you also need to do that with UPS or USPS). Bring some proof with you that the recipient is an FFL.

As an FFL I ship handguns by USPS and long guns by UPS and have not had problems with either. I think it's required to inform USPS if it's a firearm and FedEx and UPS have that policy, you can debate that but we all know that the govt will win that argument. If you choose not to tell them the you could be breaking the law and I guarantee UPS and FedEx will not honor insurance claims if you didn't tell them what you were shipping. I know people still do it anyway but know your risks.
Postal regulations forbid asking if it's a gu n !!!!

Some UPS Stores won't even ship gun parts. Not sure if it's a store by store thing or company policy. I tried to ship a rifle stock the other day and when the guy asked what it was I told him a gun stock not thinking it would be an issue. He told me they weren't authorized to ship gun parts from there and that I had to drive 45 minutes to the closest hub. I told him it was literally just a piece of fiberglass but it was a no go. Drove straight to the post office and they shipped it no questions asked. Cheaper too.

Some UPS Stores won't even ship gun parts. Not sure if it's a store by store thing or company policy. I tried to ship a rifle stock the other day and when the guy asked what it was I told him a gun stock not thinking it would be an issue. He told me they weren't authorized to ship gun parts from there and that I had to drive 45 minutes to the closest hub. I told him it was literally just a piece of fiberglass but it was a no go. Drove straight to the post office and they shipped it no questions asked. Cheaper too.
In Tulsa, the closest UPS shipper is a franchise and won't ship a rifle (I had to return one for repairs, so no FFL involved.). I had to go to the hub (owned by UPS) and fill out a special form. That went smoothly.

They all suck and they all are good depending on what day of the week it is and the delivery driver.
I had over $10,000 in Nightforce scopes delivered to our Annex. Including an office for the Sheriff's office, there is about 15 other offices in the building.
Delivery driver walks in to the first person he sees and hands her the box and asks her to sign for it. Take into account delivery driver has no idea who this person is, could be anybody, could be some random person just conducting business there for the moment.
Person looks at the label and says, "I don't work for the Sheriff's office" and sets the box on the floor. Points and says Sheriff's office is over there. Delivery driver says are you going to sign or not.
Person says no, Delivery driver says Ok, it's yours and walks away.
On the notice online it said delivered to front desk clerk.
I called Fedex and complained and nothing happened.
The Sheriff's office could have been out over 10k in scopes because of a **** poor delivery driver.
Its really the luck of the draw when your dealing with Carriers, they do take a little more care when dealing with firearms but individuals have no respect anymore and just do not care about others belongings. I can only imagine how some treat packages in the warehouse when loading the trucks.

I watched a UPS carrier get out of his truck ( not our regular UPS guy) and literally throw the package from the road all the way to my neighbors door. When I yelled at him he flipped me off, just jumped back in his truck and drove off. WTH????
One of our hunting group is a UPS delivery driver. I don't think he would do that stuff, but the stories he tells makes you want to hand deliver stuff in person. Seems they try to out do each other in being outlandish with packages. Probably temps more so than the regulars.

Ok, so now I don't want to ship anything .... anyone know of a good private airline that does house-calls?