Best caller?

mark slavinski

Been shooting coyotes over bait for years. Went out for first time calling with buddy and had a riot! Have everything I need but a caller. Fox pro fusion and shockwave seem to be favorites around here by the guys calling. What do you recommend?

Icotec or lucky duck
I got the Lucky Duck Screaming Joker. I nicknamed it "Satan's Sex Toy" because that thing screams all kinds of foul language in tongues! EDIT: This is not the best caller. Below 20 F it smokes the batteries after an hour. It is not that loud either. However I have to keep a shotgun with me to keep the Eagles, hawks, and owls off of it. Dang it, I'm just kidding about the shotgun! 😁

Last edited:
Screaming joker? I have the Revolt with the added sounds from the Verminator and am completely satisfied with it but cannot find anything that says "Screaming Joker". Whattya talkin' about?

Screaming joker? I have the Revolt with the added sounds from the Verminator and am completely satisfied with it but cannot find anything that says "Screaming Joker". Whattya talkin' about?
I looks like a rabbit and it spins all wounded like. Tail and ears all spinney back & forth. 12 or so programmed sounds. Its obnoxious! LOL

I still get a big kick out of fooling them with mouth calls, a howler, and a decoy. I`m probably the only one that hasn`t gone to E callers. I don`t hunt for fur, so it`s just for fun. I don`t hunt them near like I did as a younger man, but still managed to kill 52 last winter. Haven`t shot even one this winter due to some life changes. Maybe next year.

Been shooting coyotes over bait for years. Went out for first time calling with buddy and had a riot! Have everything I need but a caller. Fox pro fusion and shockwave seem to be favorites around here by the guys calling. What do you recommend?
I've had a Foxpro did well with it, an older model for years. For almost two years now the Icotec Night Stalker, over 140 calls and many more available online. I like mine , I've never even one time failed to call something in whenever it's been taken out. Now it wasn't always a fox or coyote, many raptors, feral cats, crows, mink, weasels owls,coons deer . My opinion is that any current manufactured call today will produce if used properly. I plan on using my Icotec quite a bit now as the weather is cold and predators are on the move. The range on the Icotec remote is the best in the industry in my opinion, based on what others have told be that own different callers. 300 yards on the icotec all day long.

I still get a big kick out of fooling them with mouth calls, a howler, and a decoy. I`m probably the only one that hasn`t gone to E callers. I don`t hunt for fur, so it`s just for fun. I don`t hunt them near like I did as a younger man, but still managed to kill 52 last winter. Haven`t shot even one this winter due to some life changes. Maybe next year.

I'm totally with you 257 STW----------I take zero joy in taking game that a E caller called in, kind of kissing grandma I guess...:)

I wish to do the fooling, not the E box

Just my way

I'm totally with you 257 STW----------I take zero joy in taking game that a E caller called in, kind of kissing grandma I guess...:)

I wish to do the fooling, not the E box

Just my way
Yes! That feeling of out foxing the fox so to speak! And done with your skills as a caller.

Personal favorite that I have used is my Lucky Duck Revolt. Their Rebel is a solid caller too, even with its limited options. Killed coyotes over my buddy's Icotec as well. Never had much luck with Fox Pro, animals don't come in and my Fusion blew out a speaker that they wanted something like $150 to repair.

Mouth calls are fun until the reed freezes after you just walked a mile from the car to your stand at 3500' of elevation, post holing the whole way in soft dirt, with a rifle, shotgun, tripod, ecaller, and chair/vest strapped to you.

Personal favorite that I have used is my Lucky Duck Revolt. Their Rebel is a solid caller too, even with its limited options. Killed coyotes over my buddy's Icotec as well. Never had much luck with Fox Pro, animals don't come in and my Fusion blew out a speaker that they wanted something like $150 to repair.

Mouth calls are fun until the reed freezes after you just walked a mile from the car to your stand at 3500' of elevation, post holing the whole way in soft dirt, with a rifle, shotgun, tripod, ecaller, and chair/vest strapped to you.
Never had them freeze up any worse than a goose call. I hunt in the snow quite often, and always just keep the lanyards n calls tucked inside my jacket. I carry several different calls when out so I`m usually gtg in that respect. But yes I have had them freeze on rare occasions. I also keep a couple diaphragm calls in my pocket. I get the elevation thing, but my house is at 3500 lol.

Never had them freeze up any worse than a goose call. I hunt in the snow quite often, and always just keep the lanyards n calls tucked inside my jacket. I carry several different calls when out so I`m usually gtg in that respect. But yes I have had them freeze on rare occasions. I also keep a couple diaphragm calls in my pocket. I get the elevation thing, but my house is at 3500 lol.

I have exceptionally bad luck which may be a contributing factor lol plus not that good with mouth calls. Don't ever ask me to go turkey hunting with a diaphragm if you actually want to see anything. Usually I am just too winded after hiking all day to want to blow into a mouth call for the better part of thirty minutes at a stand. With waterfowl and upland game I use the calls more intermittently and it tends to accumulate less saliva and freeze less. Plus I spent the money on the e-caller, might as well put it to good use. I think everyone's experience varies, me being a flat lander I have that working against me lol.