Best caliber for shooting 500 to 2000 yds?

I'm pretty new to chassis set ups but from what I have researched and checked on in person I'd have to agree. A lot of good companies out there and all have issues from time to time but MPA definitely makes a good product.
Just my own opinion and some facts. Phil from MPA is an avid competition shooter and shoots with the best. His company MPA not only has "State of the Art" design with next generation innovation R&D, but Phil gets input from real time shooters in the field. That is hard to beat: A top competitor in the shooting field, Takes advice from real world shooters, Has State of the Art Facility with R&D and some of the finest precision CNC machines as well as many years of proven technology with barrel making ( highest quality metals, drilling, riffling, heat treating ect.). Quality is foremost at MPA. The designs on MPA Chassis as well as their firearms are setting the industry standards. EXCELENT CUSTOME SERVICE!
Check out MPA website.
Jill and I are purchasing several chassis & barrels for our next three competition builds PRS/"F" Class/ELR from MPA.

It's wasn't hard at ALL to shoot 2000 yards a few months ago..but with the shortage of everything today component wise..I think the first thing to go was the PIXIE DUST for 1200+ yards....I for one haven't been able to find that ANYWHERE! P.S. only needed for Cheapest applications to 2000!
It's on the shelf...next to the Beam Stretchers and Sky Hooks....!

beat me to to.

so here is their channel. watch their videos and pick a caliber lol

these 2 take long range shooting to a different level. Mark takes different calibers out past 1k regularly.

he's the reason i'm building a 270win and he's taken it out further than i'll ever be able to shoot on the east coast
Marker buoys....isn't that why they have lights...shoot off the coast...not along it!

My choice and reasons! 300 PRC, more than capable at a much cheaper price than any of the 338's, 375's or 416's hands down!
When going for accuracy and distance price is the last thing I put into the equation.
BUT I will say that the CAT you have in your member picture is AWESOME!! Would love to hear the story behind that hunt for sure!!!

Len & Jill

Sorry to respond to this post so late since it was posted on Valentines Day 2021. The targets in the pictures look so big!🤔 I'll keep reading the following posts.
most of our targets are about 1 moa , to about 1.25 moa . I don't think we have a target over 1.5 moa . that 1600 target is about 20" sq . we shot that at 2375 yards . then we put about a 30" target beside the 20" for shooting the longer shots .

we had to change our range due to the coal job finishing up . back filling ruined our shooting line . from the new position we have 600 - 2000 yards , and back up from there . now we only have the big 30" target at 2000 + yards .

Last edited:
Not really too far off from a scenario I use to be familiar with. I shot on a remote lake on public ground where no cabins or private land existed. Lake set down in a hollow and had good back stop for bullet impacts. I took a boat across the lake from my bench site and set targets. The range was 1440 yards max. Kinda got tired of the boat trip back and forth so waited till winter and used a snowmobile or quad depending on snow depth. Much better way to go. Don't live close enough anymore so abandoned that spot.

When going for accuracy and distance price is the last thing I put into the equation.
BUT I will say that the CAT you have in your member picture is AWESOME!! Would love to hear the story behind that hunt for sure!!!

Len & Jill
Cat would have been a record but was too young! 185 lbs but records for lions in CO are determined by skull width not weight and he was too young skull was not fully developed (usually 3 years) so just a big cat!

Sorry to respond to this post so late since it was posted on Valentines Day 2021. The targets in the pictures look so big!🤔 I'll keep reading the following posts.

most of our targets are about 1 moa , to about 1.25 moa . I don't think we have a target over 1.5 moa . that 1600 target is about 20" sq . we shot that at 2375 yards . then we put about a 30" target beside the 20" for shooting the longer shots .

we had to change our range due to the coal job finishing up . back filling ruined our shooting line . from the new position we have 600 - 2000 yards , and back up from there . now we only have the big 30" target at 2000 + yards .

what size of targets are you using ?