Best bullets to reload with for 300 blackout

I've done some research on good bullets for hogs and deer out of the 300 blackout and a lot of people are using the Barnes 110gr. Tax-tax and the Lehigh 115gr. Controlled chaos pig punisher with good success. I personally don't have any kills with either of these bullets but I will be hunting deer this year with the Barnes. Good luck
Jack

Are you shooting subsonic or super ?
I have had good luck with the barnes 110 black tips for supers on pigs(I'm in a non lead state) but don't shoot the 300 BLK much anymore.

I have had good luck with hornady 125SST at 2250 FPS. 18.0 of H110. Most of the hunting Bullets need around 1700 FPS or faster to expand. I try to keep my shots around 125 yards and closer. Great accuracy with the Ruger American rifle bolt action.

I haven't killed any hogs with them, but I have killed a handful of coyotes with the 110gr barnes vor-tx, and it drops them like a rock. I have enough faith in them that I'll be testing them on whitetail this fall.

Jtlee,

Please don't take offense but I will not let anyone on my ranch hunt hogs with a 300 BO. Unless you can place your shots in the ear or just behind the ear every time that cartridge is unreliable in my experience. In fact, not one hog has ever been recovered on my place from friends and friends of friends using that cartridge. Even though they are hogs we owe it to them to dispatch them quickly and humanely; therefore, that is the reason I banned it on my place. I have the same feeling about the 458 SOCOM. Good luck.

I've killed a ton of hogs with the 110vmax Hornady factory load. I limit my shots to 200 yards. If I were to see a big pig (200 lbs or more) with a 300bo in hand I would head shoot it or do a quartering away lung shot. I've had a pass through on a shoulder shot at about 75 yards on one just over 100lbs.

Jtlee,

Please don't take offense but I will not let anyone on my ranch hunt hogs with a 300 BO. Unless you can place your shots in the ear or just behind the ear every time that cartridge is unreliable in my experience. In fact, not one hog has ever been recovered on my place from friends and friends of friends using that cartridge. Even though they are hogs we owe it to them to dispatch them quickly and humanely; therefore, that is the reason I banned it on my place. I have the same feeling about the 458 SOCOM. Good luck.
I will admit I scratch my head a bit about this as well. I have no complaint or experience with the blackout but it's just odd to me that this cartridge takes off as a SPORTING cartridge when the over 100 year old 30-30, while being too widespread to ever die, is certainly not considered much anymore. It thumps the .300 black out in every regard as a hunting cartridge. And yeah I know I know everyone likes semi autos, the large and powerful cartridges better suited to hunting are in larger lower capacity bolt guns for the most part...the .30-30 lever gun is lighter, faster rate of fire, and higher capacity than the bolt actions that have totally pushed it to the sidelines because the cartridges they shoot are simply more effective at all ranges. Im a shooter and a gun nut and the shooting/gun community and what it gets enamoured with just doesn't make sense to me sometimes