best bullet for thicker cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Kiser

I have a STW and i want a good bullet for thicker cover. Is there any 200gr bullets in .284 diameter? Or do i need to try 175gr bullets?

Either one will be deflected to a certain degree. Heavy will deflect less, unless the lighter is moving faster. Either way, you hit a branch you will likely miss.

Best bet, DON'T hit a branch. Find a better shot to take.

Oh no, not the brush gun debate!

Do people really believe shooting through a brush to hit the game? :(:(:(

I agree with JackinSD.

The hunter owes it to the game he hunts to try to shoot through gaps in the surrounding foliage, or to wait for a clear shot. No one should intentionally try to drive a bullet though brush to kill an animal on the far side. (http://www.chuckhawks.com/woods_rifles.htm)

Not looking for a brush gun, just was looking for advice. Always used a 300wm with a heavy a** bullet i the woods and recently switched to a 7mm stw

Not looking for a brush gun, just was looking for advice. Always used a 300wm with a heavy a** bullet i the woods and recently switched to a 7mm stw

We didn't give advice on a "brush gun". The advice is don't shoot into the brush, find an opening to do the shooting.

It doesn't matter what caliber or what bullet.

If you are looking for the best bullet for a ethical shot at game, then maybe somebody could weigh in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.