Best bullet for long-throat Accumark 300 win mag

Barnes or Nosler or Hornady are what will take your troubles away and **** can
the burgers ,,,that's why weatherby doesn't use them in there ammo line.

Why would you scrap the Bergers? They shoot flawlessly out of every one of my rifles....Better than my Accubonds do, which I though was near impossible.

you may have to play with seating depth to find accuracy. Load to mag length, then work your way shorter 10 thou at a time until you find a node where it seems to shoot well. Then you can fine tune the OAL of the load in smaller increments to where it shoots best. I have a 270 wby in a pre 64 mod 70 with wby factory spec long throat and it shoots 140 bergers just fine at a length that fits the magazine. good luck!

The Accumark chambered in 300 win will not have the free-bore that the Weatherby chamberings do. So all that about flat based bullets and Wby's is out the window. I would get away from the small offerings and load some 210 or 215 Berger's in it with H-1000. The fact this is not chambered in a Weatherby caliber takes away all and anything about what brand rifle it is or what bullets Wheatherby uses in their factory ammo. It is a 300 win and once the bolt is closed it is all about your load. I have yet to see any 300 win that didn't like 210 or 215 Bergers and H-1000 with a Fed 215 M primer.

Cwinner also brought a very important thing up. Check the scope and double check the mounts!!

Jeff

Yup, right on the money.
Even then I have seen far to many 300Wby chambers shoot long range bullets as well as anything else.

Yup, right on the money.
Even then I have seen far to many 300Wby chambers shoot long range bullets as well as anything else.

Thanks! And lets not forget RUM's have freebore as well and there are many of them shooting Bergers into a ragged hole.:)

Jeff

Why would you scrap the Bergers? They shoot flawlessly out of every one of my rifles....Better than my Accubonds do, which I though was near impossible.

My point was for him to try one of the others ..If it works sell the Bergers and move on..There are a lot of guys that like Bergers and a lot that do not ..Any
one of the bullets I listed will work as good as the Bergers especially for hunting
loads..I use Bergers for long range shooting not hunting ..I have never had a barnes let me down..They are bone crushers...Like you and others this is just
how it works out for me.

Thanks! And lets not forget RUM's have freebore as well and there are many of them shooting Bergers into a ragged hole.:)

Jeff

True!
I remember way back when I got my first 338 Rum. I was loading up a few test rounds and for fun seated a round to kiss the lands....Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was almost a 1/4" too long for the mag box!?

RemWeatherby?

Considering its light weight and the horsepower involved he rifle drove repeatable tacks like few other factory rifles, but it fouled like crazy so...Like all good Remingtons (in my cabinet) it was stripped down and used for an action. :)

I always just figured all Weatherby-built rifles had freebore, regardless of caliber.....But I guess the non-Wby calibers don't. Then again, the Wby rifles I've had and reloaded for were all Weatherby calibers. Guess you learn something new everyday.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.