Best brass tumbler?

grouse

LRH Team Member
Looming for a quality tumbler.

Looking at midway Frankie’s arsenal for under 100 shipped. Will consider other options. Would like a us made tumbler. Are there any?

Varmint Hunter

High quality tumbler made to last for years.

mrkrinkle

That FA is the one I use. It does fine and cleans brass for use. I don’t do pretty, shiny brass. Just run them long enough to get em clean, not pretty. Having said that, one of the best tumblers I have ever used is a diy model made using a Toyota Corolla wiper motor, small buckets and a couple skate board wheels. You can find the plans online if you do a search.

grouse

LRH Team Member
High quality tumbler made to last for years.

Do you have this one? Where is it made?

Varmint Hunter

Do you have this one? Where is it made?
I've had a Rebel 17 SS tumbler for several years. The unit is built very well and is designed for brass cleaning rather than an adaptation of another device. The roller bearings will outlast you and I. They will provide everything that you need so you don't need to shop around to get started.

While the company is based in Utah, I have no idea where the components are made.

zplinker

I've run two of the big Dillon tumblers day and night for years. Both going strong. But when I went to ss cleaning, I got a heavy duty Thumblers, which is still going, and a Rebel 17. Both work well, but if starting from scratch, I'd just get the Rebel. You'll be ready to go, and never look back.

bengineer

I have run a Dillon for more than 20 years.
If you do volume, a plastic drum concrete mixer is amazing. I do 5 gallons of 5.56/223 brass in a batch.

Reelamin

Looming for a quality tumbler.

Looking at midway Frankie’s arsenal for under 100 shipped. Will consider other options. Would like a us made tumbler. Are there any?
I paid more than twice that for mine a few years ago. LOVE it and it works perfectly. I do not use the SS pins and it works perfect. It cleans so well I have to vibratory clean it just to allow proper neck tension when seating bullets.