Best Bino's your opinion

I think the Steiner 7x30s or the 8x30s are the best all round Binoculars although I have a set of 10x50 Leupold Tacticle Binoculars which are just brilliant, But with the Steiners If they are good enough for the Military then they are good enough for me, I use the 7x30 Navigators which are very dark Blue in colour and you can get them for around $250/$300 and they are always in focus and ready for action unlike those that always need to be focused at every distance and theres not much differance between them and the Military versions, They are very bright in low light situations and very clear and they are tough and just as good as pairs worth $1000 or more,

John

When you say big open country, I think of hunting coues deer in Arizona. Like mentioned before, you are trying to find a tiny grey deer in desert scrub up to and sometimes over a mile away. Because of this most of the serious hunters have migrated to using larger glass like the 15x56 SLC; however, the new 12x56 ELs are a lot clearer, lighter, and for me brighter than the 15x SLCs. In addition, you get a much wider field of view and the extra clarity pretty much makes up for the 3X power difference. If this is the type of hunting your talking about, I would go with one of the two I mentioned. Also, a good tripod is mandatory. If this similar to your proposed use, I would look at the binocular with a power above 12x

If you are talking about glassing hills 200-800 yards away, a 10X binocular would probably suit you better. If it were me, I would look seriously at the 10x50 EL range.

The problem have with Leica is that their warranty isn't as simple and user friendly.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.