Best Binoculars up to $800.00...?

In 10x42 value I like the Nikon Monarch HG. I bit over 800.00 but well regarded by the bird watching crowd and won best of the test by Field and Stream against some more expensive competitors a few years back.

If youve ever used the tracts and the conquests, you wouldnt ask that.....
If it is not to much trouble what about the tracts IYO/experience makes them so superior to the Zeiss?
Would i be correct to assume the Tracts must have significantly better glass and coatings VS the Zeiss Conquest HD's?
Not doubting your statement WSE as I do not own any Zeiss optics, just curious.

Agree with BFDbGuns, there's very little better than Monarch 7s until you hit truly "alpha" glass. Those bird watchers are on to something! After trying some monarch 7's at a migratory bird festival I actually sold my Leicas. At around $500 the nikons are an exceptional value.

Personally I avoid the new brands like Athlon, maven, tract, etc. unless I have a chance to test them in-person. YMMV. Everyone is different on ergonomics for binoculars, especially if you wear glasses, there's really no substitute for going to a store with a large selection and trying as many as you can. I've always had an employee at cabelas or sportsman's warehouse willing to go outdoors with me and glass for a bit in natural light.

Since this is the LRH forum I will also recommend the 3000BDX Black Edition. I recommended the Nikons above but you cant beat the value in the 3000BDX Black. I have the original 3000BDX. I think the only difference is fewer profiles. The glass is mid tier but not bad. The rangefinder works well. Also most report excellent warrantee service from Sig.

The only problem people seem to have is the diopter adjustment moving as altitude changes. Not sure if that problem is fixed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.