Best binoculars under 1k

I was recently looking in the same market. I looked at Vortex, Cabelas Euro and Zeiss. The Zeiss Conquest won out for me. My brother and cousin both got a pair each as well after listening to my research and doing their own. The Conquest is very good glass for $1000.

There's a pair of Swaro SLC 8x30's on eBay right now for $850.

that's not a bad deal depending on what youe primary use for them is gonna be. I'd be less concerned with the 8x but it's bw nice to have atleast a 40mm objective lens.

What is the purpose/use of the binos? You said you wanted some power and the Cronus 15x56 have that and are **** good binos that can be found for well under a grand.

What is the purpose/use of the binos? You said you wanted some power and the Cronus 15x56 have that and are **** good binos that can be found for well under a grand.
Primary use will be hunting. I am planning a trip out west to hunt this fall and don't really want to buy a spotting scope. Just need a good pair of binoculars that you can see a decent ways with. Also use around home for hunting

Primary use will be hunting. I am planning a trip out west to hunt this fall and don't really want to buy a spotting scope. Just need a good pair of binoculars that you can see a decent ways with. Also use around home for hunting
IMO anything over 10x is better suited to be mounted on a tripod. I'd say the majority of what youll see out west for daily use ia gonna be 8x and 10x . by far the most usable imo. And then have either a potter or a high mag set of Binos if you need more detail

Edit : before my current set of Zeiss Victory 10x42 RF's, I had a set of Swaro 10x50 SLC. They were CHONK.. I much prefer the 40mm objective lens to the 50's. Especially o ur west when you're gonna have them Hanging around your neck all day putting miles on your boots

Last edited:
They are large and would be best paired with a tripod for hours of glassing on end IMO. At 15 power and wide field of view I don't think you would need a spotting scope in most cases.