Best Binoculars for the money

I still my use Leupold Wind River Glass. I have had them for about 15 years I think. They were about $275 /$290Bucks back then . My hunting buddy has a great pair of Swaro's 10x50 they are just incredible. I think they were about $1000.00. So at 5;50 pm I can see its a buck, he however , can count the points.

Having no idea on your budget - I'll throw out the Maven C1 10x42. I picked them up for $350 brand new and I am impressed. While I have little experience to compare them to, we were glassing elk out past 800 yards and I never thought the better on clarity. For the price, and the amount of glassing in my immediate future, I am extremely satisfied.

Bought a pair of store demo Swaro's 10x42 EL's 4 years old and have no regrets. However, I snagged a pair of 8x32 EL's for far less on Ebay and absolutely love them. It's all I hunt with now. It is as previously stated, there's a ton of good glass out there a lot cheaper, it's all up to your budget, and LOOK BEFORE YOU BUY!!

Several years ago I bought a 10X42 Vortex Diamondback binoc from Cabello's and never regretted it - good deal. In addition to shooting rodents and bird watching, I like to sit out on my deck at night with a cold beer and look at stuff up in the sky. I can see Jupiter's tiny moons with the Vortex DB 10X42's but there is some lens flare effect. I plan to get a 15X56 DB's (look good in store) to use with a tripod. I have to admit Swaro's are the best I have seen but pricy.

Last edited:
Depending on how deep your pocket is. I started off with some very cheap field glasses. Moved onto Leupold 8x 35 and still have them. From there I move to 10x50 Swarovski. I kind of wish I had moved to higher end binoculars a long time ago. High end Binoculars where you should go. I know they are prices, but that what you are going to use the most. Get a tripod too to set up to glass. If I could I would have them glued to my eyes during hunting season.

I have the zeiss terras 10x42. They were around 500$ But I think you can catch deals on them. They are amazing for what I do. Elk, deer, aoudad hunting in west Texas, reading cattle eat tags, that sort of thing. But everyone's eyes are different, the best bet would be to try to find some friends that will let you borrow theirs, look through at different times of day, see how clear it is in the middle and at dusk etc and get what fits you best

Looked through a set of swarovski 10x42 when i was a kid. Knew I'd never be satisfied with anything less. Had $150 set until this fall. Took 20 years but finally got my swarovskis. Unbelievable how awesome and completely satisfied I am with them.

I bought a pair of Steiner 10x50 seconds about 15 years ago they have a small black dot in the lower right hand of the right lens are armor coated and have traveled for all of their life in my truck . They work for me at a 1/4 of their normal price .

I was carrying a rangefinder and binos and just went with the Swarovski EL range 10x42. The are very good--but pricy. I bought a set of Vortex fury for a friend in AZ for his upcoming elk hunt--and he loves them they are about 1,000 dollars. I like the Maven brand and they make a most excellent 6x30 binocular one of the most useful size and power out there (I think they are about $500). I have a set of Maven B4 12x56 "bigeyes" and I love them for bipod scanning of big country--could not justify theextra 1400 dollars for the Swarovski in performance between the two. Swarovski, Leica, zeiss victory, Vortex razor, Maven B series tract Toric, and Meopta are all good choices. For value the Maven C's are way good. The Bushnell forge are nice too. Depends on your budget

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Recent Posts