Best Bino Under $1500

I just picked up the Tract Toric 10-42, it's better then my buddies vortex razor hd but that's all I have to compare it to. We tested by spending the morning glassing for coyotes from early morning low light then the rest of the day glassing marmots.

As you get older your eyes don't see in the dark like they used to and you will age into you Swarovskis , appreciate them more, and not have to do this again in a few years. I have not found anyone that ever posted they were sorry to have bought a pair other than now that they have had a taste of top notch glass everything else is a compromise.

By experience I know this is true. My son-in-law can find anything I can with my Leica or Swarovski binos with his 15 power vortex but when I look through his Vortex I know my eyes are getting older. My advice is to save a little longer or pick up a used set of Swarovski 10x42 for around $1500. Although I tend to use the Leica more because they are Duovids and can select 10 or 15 power (and beautifully clear) the Swarovski have a 3D quality brilliance that is simply addictive to look through. In my experience, a set of Swarovski 15x56 on a good tripod is one of the best options for medium to long range glassing. This is how I glass most of the time now IMG_1012.jpg

Not sure what all of the Leuca lines are but their glass is very good probably equal to Swaro quality. When you considerthe Leicas may be a little less money I would lean toward them. As the old saying goes get the best you can afford you won't be sorry. To me Vortex is not as good as advertised but Swaro's and Leicas are. Either one of the latter 2 will be what you want even if most of your hunting is from a tree stand. The clairity and light gathering abilitis are never a disadvatage.

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to try and swing it and go with the Swarovski SLC 10x42. Would love the ELs but can't swing them.

Thanks for all the input!

Greg

Question for you guys that suggest a used pair.

I found a pair of ELs I should probably jump on. ~$2000 but how do I know they are legit? Will Swarovski honor the warranty if not bought through a dealer?

Greg

Yes, they will honor the warranty, they don't care who you bought them from, new or used. Best customer service in the business.

You should be able to find some used swaro 10X42 slc binos within your budget. Just keep searching and be persistent. As long as they have been well taken care of, they are really just as good as new glass. The glass doesn't 'wear out'.
Get the serial number of the used binos and call swarovski and ask them to verify the number is legit for the binos.
Yes, swarovski will honor the warranty on used binos. If the previous owner registered them already, you may need to talk to a CS rep to change the name that the binos are registered to.

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, you may want to give Toric a look.

When I first started posting on forums for TRACT, I came out and said that the Toric is just as good, and if not better performing in each category than the Razor HD, and that in some cases it rivals the SLC. A few guys doubted it as TRACT was new, but then the reviews started backing it up.

We're direct to consumer only, so we're cutting out the added margin, usually 35-50% for optics ecomm to brick and mortar. Our founders came from Nikon where they just got tired of being held back from making something better...something premium. Added to that, a company that size demands huge margins to line pockets. So, TRACT was born. Bringing great optics out at great prices.

The Toric uses Schott HT glass and a magnesium alloy body. Coming out of the Kamakura factory in Japan. It simply has all the premium materials, components, and craftsmanship without the pricetag.

Please do give it a look if you like or throw it in the Google search to see some reviews on it. I think you would be very happy with the quality, and the saved $600-$1000 back in your wallet.

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/binoculars

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, you may want to give Toric a look.

When I first started posting on forums for TRACT, I came out and said that the Toric is just as good, and if not better performing in each category than the Razor HD, and that in some cases it rivals the SLC. A few guys doubted it as TRACT was new, but then the reviews started backing it up.

We're direct to consumer only, so we're cutting out the added margin, usually 35-50% for optics ecomm to brick and mortar. Our founders came from Nikon where they just got tired of being held back from making something better...something premium. Added to that, a company that size demands huge margins to line pockets. So, TRACT was born. Bringing great optics out at great prices.

The Toric uses Schott HT glass and a magnesium alloy body. Coming out of the Kamakura factory in Japan. It simply has all the premium materials, components, and craftsmanship without the pricetag.

Please do give it a look if you like or throw it in the Google search to see some reviews on it. I think you would be very happy with the quality, and the saved $600-$1000 back in your wallet.

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/binoculars

I'll have to stick to my Zeiss bino's AND my spotting scope

By custom built, you mean painted to your liking..

Its a design your own thing. Pick your body size, power, camo pattern, or gray or black, anodizing color on eye cups and different parts, logo color, and even get your name lasered on. Mine shipped in 9 days.

Attachments

• IMG_20170328_124148340_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170328_124148340_HDR.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 163
Optics planet is running 12% off binos with coupon code "12BINO" add in free shipping and when I added some vortex viper HD's in my cart they put a $50 free gift certificate. Could save you a few bucks for those on the fence. Coupon/Offer good until April 2nd I believe.

Don't mean to re-route thread but, if folks don't mind can you add some insight on what power is desirable? 10x, 12x or 15x. Mainly looking at glassing whitetail deer at anywhere from 300-1000 yards. Leaning towards the Vortex Viper HD as I can spend around $500.

Its a design your own thing. Pick your body size, power, camo pattern, or gray or black, anodizing color on eye cups and different parts, logo color, and even get your name lasered on. Mine shipped in 9 days.

I've had my eye on these for a while. I own a pair of Zeiss binoculars, the Victory line. They are a high dollar, high performance bino. After having looked through some of the other lines out there, Vortex, Maven, Athlon, Zen-Ray, etc, I really think the gap has closed considerably in glass quality. It's closed enough in my opinion to be completely subjective. I've looked through my $2000 Zeiss's, Swaro SLC's and then compared them directly to other brands that cost 1/3 of that, maybe even less. The difference was hardly noticeable, certainly not enough to justify the cost in my opinion. My next set of bino's won't be an "Alpha" set, that is for sure. I actually have had to take a step back and honestly assess the others, because quite frankly, I was trying to justify why I dropped 2k on a pair of binoculars when I probably could've spent less than half that and had the same performance. Just my opinion, but I bet most folks would come up with the same conclusions.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.