Best barrel for 300RUM

smoak

What brand barrel is best for the 300RUM. I am looking for accuracy and performance (velocity). What is the optimal length? How much velocity will I gain?

I have barrels from Kreiger Lilja Shilan all are good shooters there are more barrel makers just pick one of the premium barrel makers. You will get about 25 FPS pre inch. I would go with at lest 30 for Long range Hunting. How for do you intend to shoot?
Crow Mag

Pac Nor make fine barrel and barrel up to 40 inch lenght in any diameter up to 2 inch

good shooting

DAN TEC

Walther tubes do fine for this caliber as well.
Here are a couple groups from a #2300 contour barrel 28" long 1-10 twist shooting factory Remington 180GR Scirrocco ammo at 100 yards.
hosslrp2300rum.jpg

hosslrp2300rum2.jpg

Celt

smoak,

Odds are if you go with a longer barrel, with a heavier taper you are going to have to open up the barrel channel for that stock. You want to be sure you get a heavy enough barrel that isn't going to whip when shot. The LSS stock barrel channel is not that wide.

Good luck
Frank D

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.