Best backpacker meals...and go....

Just got back from 2 weeks in AK. Tried a bunch of Peak Refuel and i wont be going back to mountain house. More calories, more protein and use less water. The biskets and gravy for brk was awesome and 1100 calories! per bag. Not a flavor i did not like. I have used Mountain house in the past but not anymore. Tried Heathers Choice before the trip and thought it was awful! Maybe it works for someone else but not me.

Hi there,
I recently bought a selection of dehydrated meals to try out and see if they would suit a future walk in trip. So far they have been good, they are certainly light and they are not too expensive in the scheme of things. Plus they can be prepared, cooked and eaten from the packaging, which is the only bit you have to carry back out. Their web link is below. Maybe someone more local to you is doing similar. Worth a read none the less.
Link - https://camperspantry.com.au/pages/about-us

I found mountain house to have way too much sodium in them. I'll wake up in the morning feeling completely dehydrated. I look for what ever has the least amount. My go to breakfast is a cheese bagel with peanut butter and 2 slices of bacon. Sounds odd but I look forward to it every day. Huge on calories and stayed good for 10 days no problem on my last sheep hunt.
I'll have to try that. My favorite as a kid was pb, cheese and bologna.

Ok don't laugh but I like to bring tuna fish in bag, perfect protein. BUT, your tent buddies may mention your breath will stop a griz.! I like venison jerky that I vacuum seal into small pouches for single use. Love Peak chicken teriyaki and the beef stroganoff! Oatmeal in morning, PBJ sandwiches still work for me. Bread royal PITA so not often. I have weird need for Nature Made 10 gm protein bars. The one thing I have to do is always buy the meals for 2 since they seem to meet calorie need best for me at 6'4" and 255. Suggest carry more meals than you think so if you feel need for more calories, you have them.

Taking the advice from this thread, I tried some of the peak refuel everyone keeps boasting about.

CD5F9F19-9468-4C7C-A55E-A6FC92FB4B32.jpeg

So was information on LRH fact or fiction?:

Ya'll are wild. Besides obviously different flavors, this taste like mountain house.

Taking the advice from this thread, I tried some of the peak refuel everyone keeps boasting about.

View attachment 305308

So was information on LRH fact or fiction?:

Ya'll are wild. Besides obviously different flavors, this taste like mountain house.
We have carried the milk like cartons of pre-scrambled eggs and they were way more palletable than any of the dried egg packages. Of course, in really warm weather you will need to consume them before day 2 or 3 at most.

I prefer to make my own dehydrated meals but if forced to use store bought Peak Refuel are all really good.

Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast are awesome.