Best Antelope Decoy ( Montana Decoy )

Garry J

My brother was setting the Buck and Doe up last year at daybreak when 3 Does and a Buck came in on him, lucky he took his gun with him. A Buck and a Doe at first light. Later a Buck was shot at by another hunter but missed and he ran a mile west past another hunter with our group using the same type of decoys and the Buck stopped to challenge the Buck decoy, his last mistake. Later that afternoon a Buck and Doe came to our decoys, Two more went in the freezer. All in all a great Wyoming hunt. Montana Decoy I won't tell you who missed the Buck.

I have the buck decoy but never thought doe and buck together that's a great idea!! Hoping to draw a tag next year in Nebraska.

Congrats on the successful season!! Do you have any pictures??

We wear Orange coats and hats And he may of hand a red light on him at the time. They are so real looking when glassing you don't want to set behind them. Stay out of the line of fire.

I bet those work really well. Will have to check into them when I get another antelope hunt. My only concern would be a wannabe long range hunters taking Hail Marys at them. LOL

Agreed! Bow season cool (when they are on rut), rifle season bad juju LR or not, esp on public lands.

Antelope is one of my favorite to hunt and never used a decoy during rifle season. Having said that, Montana decoys are very good products.

Happy safe hunting to all.

Cheers!

Ed

Might work during bow season but no way would I use one during rifle season.

I've seen too many out of state hunters that would shoot anything that resembles an antelope.

I wouldn't want to be carrying one of those things during rifle season.

Might work during bow season but no way would I use one during rifle season.

I've seen too many out of state hunters that would shoot anything that resembles an antelope.

I wouldn't want to be carrying one of those things during rifle season.

They fold up like a sunshade for your car. That is why you want lots of a orange on ànd a light at daybreak.

They fold up like a sunshade for your car. That is why you want lots of a orange on ànd a light at daybreak.

I'm pretty sure he knows the about the Montana decoy products. As you can tell, it is NOT worth the unnecessary risk for us to use the decoy during rifle season.

lightbulbThere is NO substitute for safety esp. when Murphy does not discriminate ... SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY.lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.