Best 7mm rem mag brass

nealm66

I've got to order some , was thinking either nosler or Petersen? Is there a better brass that's available?

Peterson gets my vote.

While I am sure that there are other exceptional cases on the market, I am going to put my eggs in the Peterson basket for my new 7rm build.

This confidence comes from my personal experience with their outstanding 300 WM brass. Their 7rm was introduced shortly after they mastered their 300 brass, so I have high expectations of it.

While the Peterson 7rm is not planned to be released in a "Long" version, I know that a lot of time, research and engineering went into their design and release of the 7rm cases.

The other marked advantage of going with the Peterson 7 right now is that they just concluded a brand new run of it this month that is currently available at Grafs. This means that you could get a shootable quantity of the same lot without having to be on a waitlist somewhere for months.

I'll post a link to some of the early work that has been done with the Peterson 300WM brass.

I'm not a bench test champion just a guy who shoots and likes affordable accuracy. I prefer RP LC and WW. Lapua has been a complete waste of money for me. Nosler I'm just now in the testing and it's nothing special. I have some ADG sitting and waiting and only reason I bought it was the cartridge head stamp. Almost made me vomit paying for the ADG.
Edit.....This place is great I actually looked deeper at Peterson and for the cost I'm going to try it. Would still be stuck with the Nosler and Screw me ADG. THANKS CREW!!

Last edited:
I have become a fan of ADG in 7RM. Never tried Peterson. However, I did buy a bag of Privi several years ago for 25 percent of the cost of of the higher end brass. Much more prep is required on this brass when new, but I've got 5 reloads on this brass without issues. I use the cheaper brass in an auto loader and the ADG in my bolt guns.

I like RWS brass in my 375 H&H. Its German best quality and for me lasts just about forever. Huntington's has 7mm Rem mag brass last time I looked. Be prepared for sticker shock, but it's worth it. JM

If you cant find any touch base with me I have 250 peterson inbound and would be willing to split the order with you never mind I see you found some

I would have jumped on that offer. Thanks for that. Heck, I need to stop getting good news on availability. I going to be broke with full cabinets in the basement. Pent up demand can cause issues…

Appreciate the heads up on Peterson 7RM brass at Grafs. Just ordered some. Definitely expensive…..
Hahaha 🤣
You won't like ADG then, but it lasts a looooong time.
I took 25 pcs out to do a ladder test, seating depth and fine tune my load. I'm on 6 reloads for the majority of those 25
And 3 on the other 25 pcs.
I could only get 5-6 on Hornady brass and 7-8 on Win brass. I usually look for nodes on the warm side