Best 6.5 creed brass?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103481
  • Start date
I use Lapua because I can get it loaded with Berger bullets for less than the cost of me buying it and loading it. Then my initial fire form is done and it's ready to load.

update for everyone looking at using berger ammo to collect lapua brass

Berger is discontinuing/has done so for the 140 hybrid 6.5 creedmoor Ammo with small primer lapua brass(31011) and has switched to lapua large rifle primer brass(31010)

there is still some 31011 in stock at various places but it will not be restocked/is no longer produced

I still haven't decided what to do but this seems like info that would be important to some

Berger is releasing 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor ammo with the new hybrid target bullets.

I've ran lapua, peterson and alpha brass in my 25 creed. The peterson had slightly thicker necks and was heaviest, made equal pressure with 0.7gr less powder. The alpha and lapua were pretty similar cept lapua case heads are harder in my opinion. I only run SRP brass with CCI450 primers. Alpha uses large flash hole(I like this) lapua and peterson both small flash, which I don't like. All brass has been very accurate in reloading process. These are just my observations.

I've ran lapua, peterson and alpha brass in my 25 creed. The peterson had slightly thicker necks and was heaviest, made equal pressure with 0.7gr less powder. The alpha and lapua were pretty similar cept lapua case heads are harder in my opinion. I only run SRP brass with CCI450 primers. Alpha uses large flash hole(I like this) lapua and peterson both small flash, which I don't like. All brass has been very accurate in reloading process. These are just my observations.

Lapua has both

So getting back into reloading the one true cartridge, seems currently the top manufacturers are:

ADG
Alpha
Lapua
Peterson

Any opinions? I like that everyone except lapua provides a range box that can be used for loaded cartridges
Hornady has a promotion on right now that if you buy 1 box of brass you get a custom hornady hair elastic for your man bun !!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts