Best 400-600 binos besides save and buy better ones?

dan1953

Just what the title says : I am looking for the best 4-600.00 binos you can buy. Quality is more important than size, though I am not looking for 20x76 either. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Check out the Maven Optics C series. Outstanding value. Cut out the middleman. They have won many awards in comparison.

I bought the Vortex Viper 10x42. I recommend looking at something else first. They are good but not sure they are worth the price.

Maven C series punches way above its weight class. I have 10x42s and they are on par with 7-800 dollar class binos

I used a pair of Nikon Monarch 5 10x42 for several years and loved them. With your budget up to $600 you could get the Monarch 7s and get a little better quality and much wider field of view.

Check out the Maven Optics C series. Outstanding value. Cut out the middleman. They have won many awards in comparison.

Maven C series punches way above its weight class. I have 10x42s and they are on par with 7-800 dollar class binos

I bought a pair of the Maven C.1 10x42s for a trip out west. While I will be honest and say that I am not the most experienced when it comes to high end bino glass, I found them to be fit the bill for everything I needed them for. They are incredibly clear. Multiple guys in the group were comparing them to a pair of the lower end Zeiss glass and were also picking them. For what it is worth to ya!

Count another vote for the Maven C-series!

I have the 10x42's and they are decidedly better than anything else in their price range! I've had Vortex and Leupold before I tried the Maven's and the difference is very obvious.

If I remember correctly, they run around $350-$365.

I'll start by saying I don't own high end bino's. Steiner and Brunton are my good ones. But if size and weight are not an issue IMHO get the biggest objective available and no more than 10x. I think I have written this before but glass in general is so much better today than years ago that everyone's glass is good. I have done multiple personal evaluations of binos and rifle scopes that I know have better glass than others but I often cannot tell the difference. But bigger objectives and more power always wins (almost). I have a buddy who has a pair of 10x Tasco's with 50mm objectives. I am NOT suggesting these. But when I put my lower powered small objective better binos in comparison the cheap binos always seem better. So I would start with 50mm objective and 8 or 10x and then find the best glass you can afford. Just one guy's experience.

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.