Best 300WSM bullet for tarets and hunting?

mrgreentie

Who would have thought this was so difficult! I'm looking for a bullet that is amazing for F-Class and rocks on Whitetail Deer. I'd love to work-up one load, on one bullet, and be able to shoot awesome groups at 1000-yds and drop a deer at 750-yds +.

Does this bullet exist for the 300WSM? Is it the Berger 210 VLD Hunting bullet? Will that drop a deer? Or, is it a match bullet with "hunting" printed on the box? If not Berger, what?

for your use you might be better off with 190gr berger hunting vld, .571bc and yes it will roll over a whitetail at 750yrds, turn it up about 2950fps mv that should land you with about 1460ftlbs at 750yrds give or take a little depending on you altitude and air density.

I would lean towards the 210vld. Justice make sure you have sufficient impact velocity to open it enough ti get the job done on game. 1800fps should do the trick.

I would highly recommend the bergers. What is your bbl length? I shoot a factory Mdl 70 coyote so I only have 24". One day itwill get something a little bit longer. If you have a longer bbl I would think the 210 might be worth a try. I just can't push them very fast. Try th 185,190,and 210 and see what your gun likes. I would also shoot all 3 across a chronograph and see what they do.

Who would have thought this was so difficult! I'm looking for a bullet that is amazing for F-Class and rocks on Whitetail Deer. I'd love to work-up one load, on one bullet, and be able to shoot awesome groups at 1000-yds and drop a deer at 750-yds +.

Does this bullet exist for the 300WSM? Is it the Berger 210 VLD Hunting bullet? Will that drop a deer? Or, is it a match bullet with "hunting" printed on the box? If not Berger, what?

What about the AMAX allot less money than the Berger for competition use

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.