Best .300 WSM O.T.C ammo?

I pray to god I never forget the good stuff but we all know how our mind can drift. I hunt in east Texas and in deep south Texas, use a custom .308 in East and going to try the new Savage 110 .300 wsm wood stock 24" barrel in south
I used to use a 300 WSM in South Texas and I used the Winchester 150 gr. Ballistic Silvertip (black box). It would drop them (whitetails) in their tracks and very accurate as well.

Feenix I understand the variables. I hand load almost all my calibers. I am talking in a general sense, for an emergency " oh crap I forgot my ammo on the workbench. "
I went hunting one time with a guy and he forgot his gun! What ever powder, primer, and bullet most closely matches your recipe. The weapon has the final say so.

I like the 200gr Federal TLR. It shoots well under MOA, usually 1/2-3/4". I don't have an elk yet, but hopefully this Nov. So far out of 4 deer, none has taken a step once hit. It's also plenty accurate to take a head off of a grouse at 50yds, which it has done a couple dozen times.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.