Best .30 Caliber Chambering

Accutrigger is Savage specific, remington uses a sear block trigger design, savage uses a trigger block safety. A jewell hvr has a safety and can safely be set at 16-32ozs without slam or jar fires.

Are you going to buy a factory rifle or build a custom rifle? Are you going to reload or shoot factory ammunition?

Are all rem 700 pretty much going to have the same accuracy or is a gun like the sendero going to be more accurate than the XCR. Both the sendero and the XCR are offered in 300rum but the XCR is also offered in 338 rum. Ive been thinking that might be a good caliber but i wouldn't want to buy a cheap gun in a good caliber.

Are all rem 700 pretty much going to have the same accuracy or is a gun like the sendero going to be more accurate than the XCR. Both the sendero and the XCR are offered in 300rum but the XCR is also offered in 338 rum. Ive been thinking that might be a good caliber but i wouldn't want to buy a cheap gun in a good caliber.

I would take the Sendero any day over the XCR. It has a much better stock (more stable) and is heavier. Heavier guns tend to be a bit more forgiving for two reasons. 1: They dont bounce around as much as lighter guns due to less recoil. 2: You are likely to shoot better due to less recoil.

Senderos have a solid reputation for being very accurate. I have had the baby brother to the Sendero which was the old VSSF (short action version, otherwise identical) and it shot lights out.

Remmy used to make a Sendero in 338 RUM and dont anymore :(. My buddy has one and it shoots awesome. You could always try and find a used one if you really want a 338RUM and a Sendero.

I have one of Sharp Shooter's triggers in my Savage and it is a great trigger.

Corey

Corey, I think he was talking about an Accutrigger retrofit into older Savages. Yours is probably the SSS Competition trigger, right? That's the one I want to get for my 7Rem mag. Good stuff!

Corey, I think he was talking about an Accutrigger retrofit into older Savages. Yours is probably the SSS Competition trigger, right? That's the one I want to get for my 7Rem mag. Good stuff!

yes i was but they have both:)gun) and they are both good triggers. i beleave the retro accutrigger is actually made by savage and sold by sssgun)

Well… I've always liked and done extremely well with a .300 WM at 1K range with the 190gr and 210gr match bullets; if that's what's meant by "long range" however with that said; I did very well with a .300 RSAUM using a 190gr Sierra one year at Raton. Kinda the best of both worlds, pushed pasted the .308 Win using the 190gr MK, with near .300 WM performance and recoil was about in the middle of the two. Accuracy'…, that was over the top in my rifle. Yep, I think the .300 RSAUM might be a very good bet for a LR starter.
Good Luck

I would get a 300 weatherby or 300 win mag. You definitely need to get a muzzle break. I would not go any larger in case capacity due to recoil in the light factory rifles. I like your choice of 30 cal because you can shoot 100 grain to 240 grain bullets.

If you were going to build a custom rifle I would build a 16lb 300 Norma mag. The 300 Norma mag is basicly a shortened 338 laup mag case necked down to 30 cal. It is a lot more efficient than the 300 ultra mag meaning you can shoot the same bullet at a higher velocity with less powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.